Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Codes for Dish Remote?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Need Codes for Dish Remote?

Dish is never going to add codes unless they get bombarded with requests. I may be wrong, but I don’t think they have added any codes in years. Let’s get together and ask Dish Network to update the programming codes. If they get thousands of complaints, maybe it will put the problem on their radar.

I like the Dish remote but it is ridiculous that I have to purchase a universal remote and spend days getting it to work properly with all my components. No matter what I do, I have to use two remotes because I’ve never been able to get either remote to control all the functions.

If you have had problems getting codes to program your Dish remote, click on this link and complain to “Charlie.”
    DISH Network -- FAQs

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelTX View Post
    Dish is never going to add codes unless they get bombarded with requests. I may be wrong, but I don’t think they have added any codes in years. Let’s get together and ask Dish Network to update the programming codes. If they get thousands of complaints, maybe it will put the problem on their radar.

I like the Dish remote but it is ridiculous that I have to purchase a universal remote and spend days getting it to work properly with all my components. No matter what I do, I have to use two remotes because I’ve never been able to get either remote to control all the functions.

If you have had problems getting codes to program your Dish remote, click on this link and complain to “Charlie.”
    DISH Network -- FAQs

You are ranting without any specifics to back it up or for us to try to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife (REALLY) surprised me with a Logitech Harmony 880 for Christmas. Trust me, if you get one of these, you will NOT have to use any of the others.

That being said, if I didn't have the 880, I wouldn't even bother trying to program the Dish remote --- too much of a pain, and like you said, big lack of codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose you could complain to the manufacturer of your TV, DVD player, and audio receiver with the same reasoning.

OEM remotes never are flexible enough to do what you want. You can get cheap learning remotes for $25.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! jdr01930 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, jdr01930 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, jdr01930 did! Be COOL like jdr01930 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really, if a group is going to rally to do something about this, shouldn't it be to come up with universal standards for remote pulses? Why does each manufacturer have to have if own proprietary set of IR pulses? Can't they come up with a standard so that the pulses used for Power On, Play etc are the same for all manufacturers?

IEEE came up with standards for USB, Firewire, Ethernet, etc etc.
    Why not IR commands for remotes?

This has been a pet peeve of mine for years!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post
    You are ranting without any specifics to back it up or for us to try to help you out.
    I'm not exactly sure what specifics you want, or why I would need specifics to "back up" a pet peeve of hundreds of thousands of Dish Network customers.

It's really quite simple, if you agree that Dish Network needs to provide codes that will allow their remotes to control components, I'm asking you to complain to Dish Network.

If you are satisfied having to purchase another universal remote, then figure out how to make it control your components, don't complain to Dish Network.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast