Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting DISH to NETFLIX

Post Thanks / Like

Connecting DISH to NETFLIX

Currently I watch Netflix downloads on my HD set via my computer using S-plug & stereo. Looks great. Any chance that DISH will allow it's internet connection to be used for downloading NETFLIX directly to my set? I read that set-top boxes are coming soon for this purpose. That's why I'm not caught up int this Blu-ray thing. The future appears to be digital downloads on a hard drive played through your TV.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I would guess no. They want you to use your ethernet connection to buy their movies. You might be able to pull it off in the future if they add some of the Slingbox technology to their boxes. Then you could probably stream it from the PC to the box over a home network.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvlman View Post
    Currently I watch Netflix downloads on my HD set via my computer using S-plug & stereo. Looks great. Any chance that DISH will allow it's internet connection to be used for downloading NETFLIX directly to my set? I read that set-top boxes are coming soon for this purpose. That's why I'm not caught up int this Blu-ray thing. The future appears to be digital downloads on a hard drive played through your TV.
    Hi, I am curious as to the audio quality on these downloads, is it Dolby 5.1 or better??

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Dish wouldn't mind allowing this, but it's Netflix who likely won't.
    Remember: SatelliteGuys are not your normal customer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvlman View Post
    Currently I watch Netflix downloads on my HD set via my computer using S-plug & stereo. Looks great.
    What resolution are movies from Netflix online? I would be interested in this since I have an HTPC hooked up to my set.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the resolution of netflix depend on the speed of your internet. I don't think it has more then stereo sound. I use my laptop connected through VGA and they work great. As for dish, I doubt they would allow it since they are starting their dish online feature. Right now it is only PPV movies and no HD, but hopefully they will offer PPV HD movies as well as free tv shows and movies including HD soon, much like Comcast does with their on demand service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast