Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital CATV and Sat on the same cable?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! JonUrban did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, JonUrban did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, JonUrban did! Be COOL like JonUrban and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Digital CATV and Sat on the same cable?

Is there a device that will multiplex (or somehow) allow a user to put a digital satellite signal on the same coax as the feed from a satellite dish?

For example, upstairs rooms with only one coax run to them would only be able to use one or the other but not both without such a box.

Sounds like something that would be nice to have but probably does not exisit.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Diplexers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewwski View Post
    Diplexers.
    Depending upon the sat provider and if he is getting HD or SD sat programming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iwc5893 View Post
    Depending upon the sat provider and if he is getting HD or SD sat programming.
    Well, yeah, DirecTV HD wouldn't generally accommodate this because of that baseband converter. However I have heard you can simply put that baseband converter closer to the dish prior to any diplexers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that generally works.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! JonUrban did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, JonUrban did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, JonUrban did! Be COOL like JonUrban and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, if I have HD Digital cable (D* and/or E* don't do my locals in HD) and DishHD I can run them into a Diplexor, then up to a second floor room with one coax? I would assume I'd need another Diplexor upstairs. Can anyone suggest a make/model number?

Thanks for all of the responses!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast