Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SkyStar2, DVBViewer Pro, and DiSEQc 1.2

Post Thanks / Like

SkyStar2, DVBViewer Pro, and DiSEQc 1.2

Has anyone here gotten SkyStar2, DVBViewer Pro, and DiSEQc 1.2 to work successfully?

I am going to attempt to hook up my new computer, and SkyStar2 directly to my Birdview dish setup.

On that setup currently I have an Ecoda switch 22Khz off runs one 1x4 diseqc switch, and 22Khz on runs a second 1x4 diseqc switch for a total of 8 LNBs.

The "off" side has Ku on port 1, C on port 2 (using my GeoSat Pro C/Ku LNBf, DBS on port 3, and Hispasat linear on port 4.

The "on" side has a my multi-lnb setups ports 1-4 on 87/97, and 123/129 all universal LNBFs.

The dish mover currently is the GBox V3000 that I got from Sadoun. Great positioner!! So the real power to move the dish comes from that box. Just need sufficient power for the LNBFs and diseqc 1.2 capabilities.

It all works very well currently and have had at least 3 different STBs that it has worked with.

I have found one member on the DVBViewer forums who has gotten diseqc 1.2 to work, and wanted to know if others here might have gotten it to work?

The reason for going through all this trouble is the future. I'm tired of waiting on an STB that can do "all things" that we want.

If I can get it all to work with the SkyStar 2, I may then feel emboldened to purchase a better card that does 8psk, 4:2:2, etc. At the very least, I will be able to better utilize my HDTV with SD signals that fit the screen without distortion, plus watch the few real HDTV satellite signals that exist.

BTW, I like DVBViewer Pro! It isn't free, but is only $19.00 for a lifetime of upgrades. Version 3.9.2 is out now with a lot of bugs fixed and diseqc 1.2 built in.

The question is making it work with a SS2.

So help me out with some answers if you have them?

Thanks!!!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not aware that DVBviewer supported 1.2 Diseqc with the Skystar 2.

Is this a change on DVBviewer author's long standing belief that the Skystar 2 can not handle 1.2 Diseqc?

There was a work around where you use MiBi's SS2Diseqc110 to send the commands. It was a very interesting work around.... here it is !! (cut and paste)

"Zona on the DVBviewer forum posted these instructions on how to get USAL working in DVBviewer with Mibi's plugin, SS2Diseqc.

"hier is the sollution for diseqc 1.2 with SS2 just edit channelchange.vbs from "C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\scripts\" (in VISTA in XP is different location "C:\Documents and Settings\..."
    just pasthe this

=========
    sub main(ChannelID)
    OSD.ExecNewProcess "C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\scripts\SS2DiSEqC.exe","SAT " & ChannelManager(ChannelID).root,False,False
    end sub
    ===========
    place SS2DiSEqC.exe and SS2DiSEqC.DLL in same folder, configure the plugin ....
    and most important name the root (sattelit) by its location example ASTRA name as 0192, HotBird as 0130, Histasat as 3300 and so on"

Original post here; h**p://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=17768

Change ** to tt."

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not aware that DVBviewer supported 1.2 Diseqc with the Skystar 2.
    I'm not sure they do support it on the Skystar 2, but they do now have diseqc 1.2 support in their product for cards that utilize those commands.

Making it work with the Skystar 2 is another matter, but I am willing to give it a shot. Who knows, it may just work. I think I may have to download and install the latest drivers to get it to work.

I read the post you refer to above, and if all else fails, I will implement that work-around.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are talking about switching between ports on a diseqc switch with the SS2 then I don't seem to have any problems with Kaffeine. All my dishes are fixed so I can't comment on the positioning instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by colbec View Post
    If you are talking about switching between ports on a diseqc switch with the SS2 then I don't seem to have any problems with Kaffeine. All my dishes are fixed so I can't comment on the positioning instructions.
    Well at least that tells me that it is capable of switching a diseqc switch without problem.

If it can do that, it is at least sending the commands. That's a good thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding was that 1.2 diseqc commands are not passed out the card by earlier drivers. Later drivers supported sending the 1.2 commands but you had to enable it a the program end. MyTheatre enabled 1.2 but Dvbveiwer firmly sated they would no enable 1.2 commands.

I play with Dvbviewer's 1.2 diseqc commands for a number of cards when it was first introduced... Twinhan 1020, Nova, Skystar HD .. etc But gave up because nothing worked right. Whereas MiBi's plugin for the skystar 2 always worked perfectly (just not in dvbviewer !!!)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast