Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many Commercials!!... Stop It!!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs, blocking up the scenery, breaking my mind."

"Wanted Pizza pie
    Pizza Pizza pie
    Every minute every second
    Buy Buy Buy Buy Buy
    Advertising causes me therapy, therapy"

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectDishNet View Post
    WARNING: THE FOLLOOWING IS JUST A RUMOR!!!......

I hate rumors, I hate to be the one that starts rumors..... I have heard this from a few people. I have no facts to back up the following rumor. This is only what I heard.

In the next few months, I heard that the advertisers and the FCC has come up with some sort of ruling that Tivo, PVR & DVR will not allow the "Skip Forward" feature during playback.

The preceding message was just a rumor!!

What do they expect to achieve by doing that?? We still have the "fast forward" button.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectDishNet View Post
    Is it just me or are there more commercials these day's?
    I timed a one hour show on Discovery last night, There was 36 minutes of commercials. Thats rediculous..........

It makes me mad, Every channel excluding PPV and HD channels we have to sit through commercial after commercial...........

I don't remember it being this way a few years back, I may be wrong.

STOP IT!!....... I don't want to buy male stamina pills, I don't need tampons & I really don't need any freaken adult diapers!!.......

Life is one big commercial.. Morning Newspaper commercial adds, Drive to work billboard adds, listen to the radio commercials, drive home more billboard adds then when I get home & turn on my 622 receiver I get more than 50% of my show's are commercials......

Thank You
    Even sadder...we're forking out good money each month for the privilege of watching these...and cable/satellite providers are hit with "per subscriber" fees so that all of this advertising clutter can be brought to us...and networks are plastering promos, etc. on top of the actual programming.

A couple of years back, a friend sent me episodes of the new "Doctor Who," captured by someone directly off of BBC 1. My mouth dropped open, as there was nothing superimposed on the programming throughout the entire 45 minutes, no commercial breaks (I know, I know...BBC viewers pay a licensing fee, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're paying as much or more per year with services like Dish), and there was only a single restrained voice-over for upcoming programming heard during the end credits of each episode.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=vegassatellite;1245754]"Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs, blocking up the scenery, breaking my mind."quote]

LMAO

Post Thanks / Like
    What I really hate are the little 15 second commercials that air back to back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geico.. So easy even you can do it!

The preceeding was just a quick commercial. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast