Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 722 remote code for Sylvania

Post Thanks / Like

Question 722 remote code for Sylvania

I have a new install of VIP722 and wanted to know if there is a code for a newer Sylvania HD LCD TV? I did the search way with the remote and after 2-3 minutes it started with multiple flashes when pressing up button.

All I really wanted was to use the on-off and volume buttons (and channel if possible) but since I am doing this with TV2 input (with no line of sight to VIP722) I cannot just use a universal remote. If I went through remote search and it gave flashes does that mean there is no code available for this TV? Are there any remotes compatible with the VIP722 in UHF remote mode (or TV2 of 722)?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    The remotes do not program to the newer Sylvania tvs . I have not tried to manually enter any codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice if the supplied remotes from Dish would be able to program them for at least the basic items! I guess that would be toooo easy or add to the cost!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankpjr View Post
    It would be nice if the supplied remotes from Dish would be able to program them for at least the basic items! I guess that would be toooo easy or add to the cost!
    How can a remote that may of sat in a warehouse for 6 months, work for a TV that wasn't available when it was made?

Blame them for using a new remote code for their TV's

ALL TV manufacturers could learn something from Sony( the same code for EVERY TV)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new install of VIP722 and wanted to know if there is a code for a newer Sylvania HD LCD TV? I did the search way with the remote and after 2-3 minutes it started with multiple flashes when pressing up button.

All I really wanted was to use the on-off and volume buttons (and channel if possible) but since I am doing this with TV2 input (with no line of sight to VIP722) I cannot just use a universal remote. If I went through remote search and it gave flashes does that mean there is no code available for this TV? Are there any remotes compatible with the VIP722 in UHF remote mode (or TV2 of 722)?
    Sylvania Tv's usually respond to code 569....Just for giggles, try that one...

Post Thanks / Like
    it isn't Dsih's problem really. Newer tvs can indeed have differnt reponse codes. So as these new products come out, Dish has to be informed then make the appropriate changes at the manufacturing level.
    I have noticed that newer Magnavox and Phillips LCD tv's do not respond to Dish remotes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast