Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FyreTV Reviews (Please Read)

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

FyreTV Reviews (Please Read)

SatelliteGuys.US is proud to have been selected by FyreTV as not only the first site to receive a FyreTV receiver but we are also proud that our members are the first to get their beta boxes!

When you get your Beta Box, we are looking forward to seeing your reviews of the technology and the service.

HOWEVER please remember that SatelliteGuys.US is a family forum, so please no discussion of the adult content on FyreTV, please keep things on a technical nature here.

We do have an "adult" area which we call "The Backroom" which is available to those who have chosen to be supporters of SatelliteGuys (ie folks that help us pay our bills)

If you wish to discuss the adult content on FyreTV and are a supporting Pub Member please CLICK HERE to be taken to The Back Room.

If you are one of the lucky SatelliteGuys members who were lucky enough to skip the line and get your beta FyreTV box, please consider becoming a Pub Member, Pub Membership is only $20 a year! Besides being able to access The Backroom, you also get a lot more benefits, including much faster page loading time because there are no ads! (except for the Gold Sponsors at the top of the page)

To find out more about becoming a Pub Member please CLICK HERE

Enjoy your FyreTV Box and Thanks for being a SatelliteGuys Member!
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Estefano did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Estefano did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Estefano did! Be COOL like Estefano and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Become a PUB member

Guys:

I am extremly happy with all the support that satelliteguys has given FyreTV, it has been paramount in allowing us discover bugs and glitches in the FyreTV system.

For this reason I would like to reward everyone that signs up to the paid subscription of satelliteguys by giving them $20 worth of credit on the FyreTV system once we go live!

Regards,

Estefano, CEO and Founder of FyreTV
    Last edited by Estefano; 03-04-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

two days with fyre

UPS brought my box yesterday. Very simple install. There were no directions but they are not needed.

It came with box, remote/batteries, power plug, ethernet cable, RCA cables and HDMI

Connect box to power, then to modem, then TV via HDMI. By the time I tuned to channel FYRE was up and running.

still learning to use remote. content is there, just need to "search" as the "new releases" are they first you see and there are only about 15 of them.

I chose to view at 16:9 widescreen with DVD quality. The picture is great and the quality truly is DVD like.

I use COMCAST for internet. One minor glitch when pic froze.

It seems like a very cool idea. I wish Directv on Demand used as similar type of interface. oh well...enjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    got my box up and running today, very simple setup also, the only thing i see so far, is when you click on to play entire movie, it only plays one scene at a time, i like the fast buffer time, starts to play immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    the DVD quality is excellent! no real complaints yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pinguy
    Nice so far. The remote and searching will take a little getting used to. Plus, there is no way to get a list of titles after a search. Just the big box art scroll thing (not sure what to call it, but no TV listings type grid that could be quickly paged thru). There is page up/down on the search results, but unless you can actually read the box, you won't know what the titles are that you are paging thru. Maybe just my issue since I'm only on a 20" SDTV.

-John

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast