Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I force a new software update?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I force a new software update?

I need some advice on how to force a software update to one of my receivers. I currently have 4 311 receivers hooked up to a Quad dish. 3 of them updated to the new P4.31 software update that was released on 3/5 for the 311's the next day, on 3/6 during the night when all 4 receivers were turned off. My fourth receiver however is still stuck on the P4.19 software release from last October. I am not a complete novice, having tried several check switches, resettting the receiver with the green power button several times, and even unplugging the receiver from the wall socket for an hour twice today. Nothing seems to work, it is still stuck on the P4.19 software release. I've noticed that when I run the check switch on this receiver, everything comes up just fine, but when I hit cancel after the test is run, my tv returns to regular programming without reloading the program guide. That doesn't seem right to me. Also, after having the receiver unplugged from the wall, when I plugged it back in, I expected it to display the error 61 screen, telling me not to touch anything while new software was being downloaded, but instead all it did was search for satellite signal for afew seconds, then downloaded the guide info, and went to regular programming, and the software release in the SYS INFO screen still showed P4.19, instead of the new software, P4.31. Interestingly, this is a replacement receiver I received from Dish about 4 months ago under the DHPP plan, so it has never been thru a software update while in my possession. Is there a way to force a software update that I have not tried yet, or do I have to request a new receiver replacement from Dish since the software will not update on this receiver at all? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I also made sure that I have selected the option "without my permission" on the system upgrades part of the Installation process menu screens.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! skyviewmark did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, skyviewmark did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, skyviewmark did! Be COOL like skyviewmark and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way to force an update is to turn the receiver off and wait for it to take an update. However if you already have the current software nothing is going to happen
    Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends
    2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey's - Dish 1000.4 WA - DirecTV HR44-700 - DirecTV HR24-200 - DTV SWMline Dish

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all you must check RandallA's thread with all info from your last receiver - get those IDs and numbers from System Info screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sky, I think you misread my problem. I have the latest software on 3 of my 4 311's, release P4.31. It is the fourth receiver I am having trouble with. It is stuck at release P4.19, and refuses to update to the new release which was available on 3/5.
    And Smith,P. thanks for the tip--how do I find the thread you mention, from RandallA? I'm not sure how to find it here. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    "New software ..." or search by an author name.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! skyviewmark did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, skyviewmark did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, skyviewmark did! Be COOL like skyviewmark and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't misread your post. I was stating a fact. The only way to get your receiver to update is to turn the receiver off.. There is no magic code to make it update.. When you turn it off, it should start to take an update with in a few minutes if there is newer software available.. If it won't update then the receiver has a problem and may need to be replaced.
    Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends
    2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey's - Dish 1000.4 WA - DirecTV HR44-700 - DirecTV HR24-200 - DTV SWMline Dish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast