Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Dish conversion to digital FTA

Post Thanks / Like

Big Dish conversion to digital FTA

Newbie here, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I need help! I just bought a CreativeWorks CW 600 Premium FTA receiver to update my C/KU band big dish from analog to digital. Question 1: I always used an A/B switch to go between C and KU as needed on my analog system. Can the CW-41 DiSEqC Switch I received replace that A/B switch (prior to connection the "LNB IN" jack on the new receiver) - does that switch automatically do what I used to do manually switching from "A" to "B"? Question 2: I intend to gradually work my dish from one end of the satellite arc to the other, scanning for satellites and stations. Do I do this by entering my antenna settings and doing a "blind scan" each time I move my antenna to new position? My directions manual doesn't help me at all, given my lack of experience with this "new" (to me) technology. I also need help in knowing what settings to use for my antenna - C vs. KU... Can anybody help me here?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FranO View Post
    Can the CW-41 DiSEqC Switch I received replace that A/B switch (prior to connection the "LNB IN" jack on the new receiver) - does that switch automatically do what I used to do manually switching from "A" to "B"?
    Yes, the DiSEqC switch will do that for you.

Question 2: I intend to gradually work my dish from one end of the satellite arc to the other, scanning for satellites and stations. Do I do this by entering my antenna settings and doing a "blind scan" each time I move my antenna to new position?
    You will need an actuator controller (
    V3000 GBox

) to move your big dish. Your receiver will nt be able to do that without the GBox.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to bring bad news but i don't believe that CW600 has real blind scan, unless the later ones were upgraded. The 700 is supposed to have it. What the 600 did was just scan freq already stored in it. Somebody correct me if I'm off here, I was reading the review of that box just last week.
    X2 Premium HD, 1m primestar DG380 motor.10'Sami+GI650 for c-band.
    Backup ku system currently being updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for helping me out. I have added the digital receiver to my existing (analog) big dish system, so I already have the ability to move my dish. I just don't understand the (digital) settings I'm supposed to use for my antenna (set-up menu)before I do a blind scan. Things like "LNB freq", "motorized system" ("USALS" or "DiSEqC1.2") need to be filled out. I assume they're different for KU vs. C-band, eh?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sadly the CW600 doesn't have a blind scan. It "claims" it but doesn't do it

LNB freq for C-Band is 5150 and 10750 for KU
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Iceberg. I've been hitting a "blind scan" button at the bottom of the antenna set-up screen, and the system appears to be doing some kind of scan, but I haven't sen any results afterwards. There are three other "buttons" at the bottom of that same screen entitled "auto", "network" and "transponder". Should I be hitting one of them to scan for stations?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast