Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does Dish not carry CW HD or MyNetwork HD

Post Thanks / Like

Why does Dish not carry CW HD or MyNetwork HD

It seems like Dish is only concerned about NBC,ABC,CBS, FOX for HD. Why don't they carry the CW or MyNetworkTV. Directv does, cable does, Verizon Fios does. Why does Dish think they don't have to worry about carrying these stations? I guess everyones right, Charlie is greedy, one day its going to bite him in the ass though.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been wondering this myself!!! Wife watches the CW are cable company cox carried it. Mynetwork 45 here in PHX shows the Suns away games in HD!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now it's transponder space. Carrying two more LiLs in every market requires a tremendous amount of bandwidth.

It looks like Direct is just now starting to roll out CW and only in a few markets.

It'll come!

(I personally think there's a "better way" for Dish/Direct to do HD LiL. Seems to be a big waste of bandwidth. Think about it -- if "Lost" is airing on ABC, they're essentially transmitting something like 50 [or however many HD Lils they have) copies of the same program in HD at once. Times two to cover both providers. The two companies really should work together on it, but they won't.)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jim S. did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jim S. did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jim S. did! Be COOL like Jim S. and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And of course the local channels would complain that nobody would see their commercials. The fact that none of their viewers care to see the commercials in the first place would be completely lost on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    How many people actually watch MyNetwork?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even know what My Network is....But I'd really like CW which is the same as WGN here in Chicago. All the Whitesox/Cubs games this season will be in HD on WGN-----That will account for at least half of all the games for each team. Any other Sox fans out there that want this????

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast