Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dish - Can you add just one channel to a given package?

Post Thanks / Like

Dish - Can you add just one channel to a given package?

Here's my deal - I would like to subscribe to Dish on the $24.99/mo package (great deal!) but this package doesn't include the 'Noggin' channel. My kids love it. And my wife would kick my butt if I cancelled our cable that offers Noggin.

So my question is: Can I add only the Noggin channel to the 24.99/mo package?

Thanks!
    dig

EDIT: Apologies! I am a newbie here and I posted this in the wrong subforum. Can the thread be moved to the proper forum? Thank you.... again, apologies.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    no Dish won't allow that
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! NightRyder did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, NightRyder did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, NightRyder did! Be COOL like NightRyder and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. You have to subscribe to the Top 120 package.

NightRyder
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! - President Merkin Muffley:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure miss the days that Dish offered the option to add channels of your choice for $1.50 each...

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with single channels is that the channels themselves want to be in as many households as possible. If the channels were available on an a-la-carte basis, then all of the less mainstream channels would not have the household counts that they have, and advertisers would not advertise on them, and then the channels would not be financially viable, so they would be closed down.

Remember it costs alot to produce a TV channel, and you need to get it in front of as many eyeballs as possible.

Reedl

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aperry
    Sure miss the days that Dish offered the option to add channels of your choice for $1.50 each...
    Miss the days?

Did they stop it?

I still get one UPN channel a la carte .... Do they only allow it for UPN?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast