Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edges cut off of 16x9 HD channels

Post Thanks / Like

Edges cut off of 16x9 HD channels

Hey, I'm watching CNN HD and on the left and right side of the wide screen the election result info graphics are cut off so I can't read them. I've been noticing this a lot with other HD channels where the logo in the corner is right on the edge of the screen or even cut off a little bit. The Smithsonian and Travel Channel HD logos are doing this. I thought maybe it was my TV, but the TV2 output to the 4:3 television shows the cut-off too, even when output as 16x9.

Is there any way to adjust this or is everyone seeing what I'm seeing. Check CNN HD and let me know if your left and right side graphics are cut off just a little so you can't see the full Delegate counts.

-thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it safe to assume that you have the 'format' correct? If not, try pressing the (*) key on the remote to cycle through the options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    Is it safe to assume that you have the 'format' correct? If not, try pressing the (*) key on the remote to cycle through the options.
    Yes, the format is correct. It does it even when I choose an incorrect aspect ratio and can see the edges of the picture within the boundaries of the screen. The ends are slightly cropped on CNN HD and ESPN News HD. I can't see all the type in the side graphics, there's always one column of letters being cut off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your rear projection tv uses "overscan". Set it so that there is no overscan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bitbytes View Post
    Your rear projection tv uses "overscan". Set it so that there is no overscan.
    That's it right there. Might need to have your TV calibrated by a professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm noticed the same thing last night on my CRT tube Sony. First thing I thought of was I gotta get this thing calibrated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast