Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon FIOS Update (Clearwater, FL):

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isomorphic View Post
    I'm in unincorporated Pinellas (with a "Clearwater" mailing address) near Top of the World.

Advanced Communications USA just put flyers out in my neighborhood yesterday. There are white "proposed excavation" spray-painted lines all over the place. (We have buried utilities.)

I can't imagine them avoiding Countryside given that area is likely filled with potential high-revenue subscribers.

Does anyone have any idea about time from laying fiber to actually selling service?
    Last week a contractor was laying fiber along countryside blvd, just north of SR 580.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they're done putting down fiber in my yard.

/sets watch

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still waiting for them to come by and tear up my lawn. Off 580 behind steak & shake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I live in unincorporated Pinellas County in a small subdivision just off Walsingham Rd and Seminole Blvd. They have already dug up our area and placed the in ground service boxes and what I think is was the fiber casing / race for the fiber through the neighborhood. I have worked in cable security years ago, and I have never seen a company put down the infrastructure as fast as this sub did in my neighborhood.
    I can't wait until it goes live. I'm on Brighthouse now and a good set price, package, and customer service is all it will take me to jump ship. The only thing I have a problem with Brighthouse right now is they compress the heck out of their digital / QAM channels and the cost for their Internet and cable package is a bit steep.

G

Post Thanks / Like
    I should clarify based on the above message: When I posted earlier, they must have been done putting down boxes and conduit for fiber. Looking outside today, I see a truck with a giant roll of orange-clad fiber, presumably, and a bunch of guys messing about with the boxes.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! LonghornXP did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, LonghornXP did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, LonghornXP did! Be COOL like LonghornXP and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isomorphic View Post
    I should clarify based on the above message: When I posted earlier, they must have been done putting down boxes and conduit for fiber. Looking outside today, I see a truck with a giant roll of orange-clad fiber, presumably, and a bunch of guys messing about with the boxes.
    I'm about 99% sure this is the conduit that will hold the fiber itself. This orange tubing is fed underground and at a later date (months) they will run the fiber itself within the conduit.

Now that this is being done you getting close to having service but we are still talking about months though.

Edit...just to make sure the orange stuff your talking about is the conduit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast