Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
HD First Impressions - Switched from Cablevision
I was not happy with the HD lineup that Cablevision provided and decided to switch to Direct TV. Here's a list of my first impressions:
1. Install was smooth.
2. I signed up with the AAA offer (free showtime for 1 yr, 10 credit for 24 mothns etc) but was not set up correcltly on my account. Called 10 times to resolve with no luck. This issues was elavated to a supervisor for resolution....still pending.
3. Getting the $23 credit is confusioning ($5 credit + $18 credit).
4. Channel selection is better than Cablevision.
5. Non HD PQ is better than Cablevision.
6. CABLEVISION HD IS MUCH BETTER THAN DIRECT TV. THE PQ ON DIRECT TV IS SOFT AND DOES NOT HAVE FULL RICH COLOR???? LOOKS LIKE HD LITE TO ME!!!!!
Any suggestion on how to improve the HD PQ?
Since I've had the system for about a week, I have come to the conclusion that the HD PQ from Cablevision is slightly better (richer color) than Direct TV. My initial assessment did not take into account that I was comparing 90 plus HD channels from Direct TV vs. the 20 plus from Cablevision of which a majority are Voom. Although Direct TV has so many more HD channels the broadcasts may be in HD lite which is an issue with the broadcasters not Direct TV.
Last edited by jahan; 06-10-2008 at 08:46 AM.
06-08-2008 11:58 AM