Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Directv in car?

Post Thanks / Like

Directv in car?

I was thinking of getting DTV sat-go for tailgating but found out it cost $1000 bucks. I was thinking for that much maybe I could just get a fixed dish that goes on top of rv's tour busses ect. and have dtv in my car on my 7"in dash,and when I tailgate just run rca's off the reciever to a bigger tv. I dont even know were to begin looking for this type of thing but I know there out there cause I see truck drivers that have dtv all the time. Anybody know anything about this or have any reviews on the sat-go..

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not just get a tripod, another dish and take one of your current receivers with you? It's not that hard to setup, and you'll receive all the same programming you do at home with the exception of LIL's (unless you're still in your spotbeam coverage area).

jcrandall is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    DirecTV will sell you a tripod with single lnb dish and coax for $49. Perfect for tailgating/camping if you don't want/need HD on the road. Also will not get locals off 119 unless you re-aim after booting, but that's a different story.

The mobile dish setups for cars/RVs are usually more than the sat-go. $1000+
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member * DirecTV Since 2006 * HR44 Genie w/3TB & Multiple HR24s

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please send me a Private-Message for my DIRECTV referral information to save $100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iwc5893 View Post
    Why not just get a tripod, another dish and take one of your current receivers with you? It's not that hard to setup, and you'll receive all the same programming you do at home with the exception of LIL's (unless you're still in your spotbeam coverage area).
    cause I have done that before and it has been a pain in the ass. it took us forever to set up granted we didnt use a tri-pod instead we planted a pole. were and what tri-pod do you recomend? i found some of the trac-visions (fixed dish on roof of car)and they cost over 2 grand. im leaning twards the sat-go it just looks so convienent and i wont have to lug a reciever dish tv generator ect. around. i wonder how easy it is to point. any of you have any experience with one?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Crandall View Post
    DirecTV will sell you a tripod with single lnb dish and coax for $49. Perfect for tailgating/camping if you don't want/need HD on the road. Also will not get locals off 119 unless you re-aim after booting, but that's a different story.

The mobile dish setups for cars/RVs are usually more than the sat-go. $1000+
    i would really like to have dtv on the road but the ones i found were 2500 bucks and would look stupid on top of my sedan

ya the tri-pod deal would be a-lot cheaper but man does this sat-go gig look really atractive. it is everything you need in one box and you can run it off your cig lighter in your car so you dont need a power inverter or a generator. my big question is for 1000 bucks do I own it? and how hard is it to point? for 1000 bucks it better be able to point in a min or two

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McVey View Post
    cause I have done that before and it has been a pain in the ass. it took us forever to set up granted we didnt use a tri-pod instead we planted a pole. were and what tri-pod do you recomend? i found some of the trac-visions (fixed dish on roof of car)and they cost over 2 grand. im leaning twards the sat-go it just looks so convienent and i wont have to lug a reciever dish tv generator ect. around. i wonder how easy it is to point. any of you have any experience with one?.
    Check out Sadoun Satellite Systems. Here is a direct link to their tripod page

Satellite Dish Universal and Roof Mounts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast