Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attaching a Ku LNBF to a C band Feedhorn

Post Thanks / Like

Attaching a Ku LNBF to a C band Feedhorn

I need help figuring out how to attach a Ku LNBF to the side of a C band Feedhorn. I know to put it in the 3 o'clock position. I see some people just attach it to the side of the feedhorn. Some people cut the feedhorn. Which is the best? I tried attaching it to the side but couldn't find a satellite. Show me yours. Photos would be helpful.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Lak7 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Lak7 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Lak7 did! Be COOL like Lak7 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linear or Circular?
    10' Unimesh, with Bullseye II Feed and PLL LNBs, GBox 3000, feeding Omicom S2 & TBS5925.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lak7 View Post
    Linear or Circular?
    umm Standard that is Linear correct?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Lak7 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Lak7 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Lak7 did! Be COOL like Lak7 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linear - FTA - Horz / Vert
    Circular - DishNet/DirecTV/BellVu - LeftHand / RightHand

I have only used a Circular LNB to do this, you do not have to account for polarity since it uses a "circular" pattern.

A Linear Ku LNB strapped to a Scalar Ring may be difficult, as with a C / Ku Feedhorn, the allignment must be spot on.
    10' Unimesh, with Bullseye II Feed and PLL LNBs, GBox 3000, feeding Omicom S2 & TBS5925.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be do-able, it would be compromised system however.

Post Thanks / Like
    Humm... Guess I will use a different feedhorn setup for a C band and Ku I was gonna order one of those combination ones with no servor motor but I hear people here saying it doesn't work. So I didn't order it to begin with. Then I seen some lnbfs strapped to the side of the feedhorn and assumed it was a Ku.

So I Directv or Dish Network lnb will work on the side of the feedhorn? 3 o'clock position?

I guess I can try that till I find a c/ku band feedhorn. I had one on my old dish that had c/ku and dbs but it never worked on dbs and I don't remember where I put it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast