Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
Suddenly Lost Most HD Channels
Hi gang. Within the last week, I have suddenly lost most of my HD channels(I still have my locals - Minneapolis - ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, HDNET, DHT, HBO). All of the HD channels have always came in fine until last week.
From the limited knowledge I have, I believe that the missing channels are on the 103 bird. I am getting the searching for satellite signal (771) error. Here is what I have checked and done so far.
1) View signal strength - 103(a) and 103(b) show up as 0 on all available transponders
2) Dish still appears to be pointed correctly on roof and nothing new appears to be obstructing view.
3) I have reset the receiver several times and have gone through the satellite setup several times.
4) Verified b-band converter in place.
Any suggestions? I have a h20-600 which I am thoroughly getting sick of (reboots once to twice a day now). Is it possible this is part of the problem? Is it possible that the b-band converter is hosed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really trying to avoid having to setup a D* house-call.
06-11-2008 12:18 AM