Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: So what did 2.80 fix?

Post Thanks / Like

So what did 2.80 fix?

I looked but maybe I missed it. Does anyone know what exactly 2.80 fixed? Specifically, did they fix the black screen when using the VCR timer function? I'm getting tired of having to leave the damn thing on all the time just so I can record something when I'm not home.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! hzhao did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, hzhao did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, hzhao did! Be COOL like hzhao and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will depend who you asking. To me, P2.80 did nothing to me. One of my 811 still locks up once every week. I kind of get use to now :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I took the plunge and let it D/L 2.80. So far I can't see anything that changed (including the VCR tuning problem).
    Now for the big question, since this is the only problem I am having, does anybody think it will be worth it to try and exchange it?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! GaryPen did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, GaryPen did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, GaryPen did! Be COOL like GaryPen and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI - Your sig should read "may HAVE hit..."
    FYI:
    -It's "couldn't care less", not "could care less".
    -It's "would've", "should've", and "could've", not "would of", "should of", and "could of".
    -It's "voila!", not "walla!" (That's right. You've been speaking French all this time.)
    -The first word in each sentence should be capitalized.
    -A period goes at the end of each sentence.
    -Commas are also a good idea, on occasion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I stand corrected.