Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

        

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 6 of 23

Thread: YES Network on DISH

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 4th, 2008
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    YES Network on DISH

    Hi all!
    I think I can really get some help from you guys on this issue. To many of Yankee Fans disappointment, DISH does not carry YES. I have created a petition, which I hope of getting 1,000 signatures with, that shows that many of us would like YES on DISH. Here is the URL:
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/YES4DISH






    Thanks for signing.

    Last edited by mike752; 07-10-2008 at 11:33 AM.

  2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

    Reigster at SatelliteGuys
     
  3. #2
    Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! DWS44 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, DWS44 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, DWS44 did! Be COOL like DWS44 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Join Date
    Apr 14th, 2004
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    2,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to petition the Yankees...not Dish. They only reason they aren't on Dish, according to many posts, is that the Yankees demand being included in one of the primary packages, (like the AT200), and will not settle for only being in the sports package or a-la-carte like all the other RSNs. They are trying to force ALL subscribers to have to pay for their channel, instead of just the Yanks fans.

    While I sympathize with the Yanks fans wanting the channel, as a Mets fan (or any other team) I wouldn't want to be forced to pay for the channel in my regular package!

    If you're interested, do a search...there are dozens of posts about this channel floating around.
    A Houseful of Samsung TVs - 55" 8500 Series LED LCD | 32" 5500 Series LED LCD | 32" LN32A450 LCD | Dish Network 1K.4/Eastern Arc | 1 Hopper w/ Sling - 1 Super Joey - 1 Original Joey | SilverSensor ZHD-TV1 OTA Antennas

    OK...now the Hopper's PROTECTED ICONS are making cameos on the info screen...can we PLEASE put them back where they BELONG?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 4th, 2008
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DWS44 View Post
    You need to petition the Yankees...not Dish. They only reason they aren't on Dish, according to many posts, is that the Yankees demand being included in one of the primary packages, (like the AT200), and will not settle for only being in the sports package or a-la-carte like all the other RSNs. They are trying to force ALL subscribers to have to pay for their channel, instead of just the Yanks fans.

    While I sympathize with the Yanks fans wanting the channel, as a Mets fan (or any other team) I wouldn't want to be forced to pay for the channel in my regular package!

    If you're interested, do a search...there are dozens of posts about this channel floating around.
    But all of the FSN channels are included in the Top 200 and I don't give a sh*t about them! I have to pay for those, along with NESN, and I hate the Red Sox! I read somewhere (don't remember where) that DISH Network wanted a different price or something to carry YES, and if YES did what DISH wanted, it would void its contracts with other companies, like DirecTV, Comcast, AT&T, etc.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 8th, 2003
    Posts
    349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike752 View Post
    But all of the FSN channels are included in the Top 200 and I don't give a sh*t about them! I have to pay for those.
    Wrong

    Do your homework.

  6. #5
    Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Geronimo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Geronimo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Geronimo did! Be COOL like Geronimo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Join Date
    Sep 9th, 2003
    Posts
    9,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    YEs DiSh wanted different terms from those offered to other providers.

    It also appears that YES wanted their payment based on total subs not just those able to receive YES. Local RSNs are generally included with the AT 200 BTW. I assume this guy lives in the NY area and wants the Yankees. I personally can't s
    atand them but I understand his position and sympathize with him----but not the yankees.

    As for who to petition why not petition them both?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 4th, 2008
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    YEs DiSh wanted different terms from those offered to other providers.

    It also appears that YES wanted their payment based on total subs not just those able to receive YES. Local RSNs are generally included with the AT 200 BTW. I assume this guy lives in the NY area and wants the Yankees. I personally can't s
    atand them but I understand his position and sympathize with him----but not the yankees.

    As for who to petition why not petition them both?
    Actually I'm in southern CT. A friend of mine has a small office building and would have saved about $50 per month if he switched to DISH but couldn't because the tenants needed YES Network. I was going to try to get all of the other sports networks and watch the other team's broadcast but it turns out the games are blocked out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebugeater View Post
    Wrong

    Do your homework.
    I hate to argue with you, but yes, most, if not all of the FSN networks are included in the Top 200 according to their channel lineup.

    EDIT: My bad, I'm wrong. Sorry Nebugeater.
    Last edited by mike752; 07-10-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •