Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do LNBs go bad? Can't get vertical.

Post Thanks / Like

Do LNBs go bad? Can't get vertical.

Can the receiver maybe be bad? I have a traxis 3500 with an xtreme II lnb. I get horizontal fine but no vertical. I am going through an sg2100 motor. Can I check the voltages out of the receiver? When I choose vertical for lnb type when I am on a H channel the channel goes away so I am thinking that the receiver is switching voltage up to the lnb. short of swapping out the lnb I am not sure what else to try. I have a winegard dish. I have an old direcpc dish I found for free a while ago, I will see if that lnb will fit my setup.

Can anyone recommend a decent LNB?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Lak7 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Lak7 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Lak7 did! Be COOL like Lak7 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you rotate the LNB 90degs and see if the Verticals Channels come in?
    In the Receiver, you would have to change the polarity of the TP from V to H
    10' Unimesh, with Bullseye II Feed and PLL LNBs, GBox 3000, feeding Omicom S2 & TBS5925.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! wescopc did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, wescopc did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, wescopc did! Be COOL like wescopc and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, You can check the voltage H=~18 volts, V=~13 volts. Select a horizontal transponder and read the voltage (easier with a short coax hooked to the receiver) then find a vertical transponder and the voltage should be 5 volts lower.
    Bob
    2 - GeoSat microHDs: 1.2m dish/DG 380 motor - 1st microHD connected via slingbox to control motor for 2nd microHD
    2 - GeoSat HDVR 1200s: 90 cm GeoSat dish - fixed 97W using 3 X 4 switch
    1 - Channel Master 4228 Over The Air antenna, 3 - Rokus
    Bob Westcott
    Click here if you have benefited from SatelliteGuys.us

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smikolaj View Post
    Can the receiver maybe be bad? I have a traxis 3500 with an xtreme II lnb. I get horizontal fine but no vertical. I am going through an sg2100 motor. Can I check the voltages out of the receiver? When I choose vertical for lnb type when I am on a H channel the channel goes away so I am thinking that the receiver is switching voltage up to the lnb. short of swapping out the lnb I am not sure what else to try. I have a winegard dish. I have an old direcpc dish I found for free a while ago, I will see if that lnb will fit my setup.

Can anyone recommend a decent LNB?

Thanks.
    By any chance did you remove and reconnect the cable on the back of the receiver? I did that once and connected to wrong port, loop out instead of LNB In. Had the same problem for a day or two until I corrected the mistake.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that problem once when I had subscription satellite service. Only half of the channels were working and it was related to polarity.

What caused it was a low quality coax cable. This cable had foil only, no braid at all.
    I changed the dish to receiver cable and it worked fine after that.

I doubt if that's the problem you have but maybe you could check your coax connections for looseness or moisture in them outside. I think Zero's solution is more likely. I have also connected the dish to the wrong port (more than once).

Post Thanks / Like
    Voltages check out from the receiver. I tried the direcpc lnb and no joy. I will order a new lnb and try again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast