Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 NFL Players Not In the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like

Top 10 NFL Players Not In the Pro Football Hall of Fame

The NFL Network produced a program on Tuesday night about the top 10 NFL players not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Any thougths on this list? Anybody who should not be on this list?

1. Jerry Kramer
    2. Derrick Thomas
    3. Cris Carter
    4. Jim Marshall
    5. Bob Hayes
    6. Ken Stabler
    7. Ricky Watters
    8. Alex Karras
    9. Steve Tasker
    10. Ken Anderson

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cosmo_kramer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cosmo_kramer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cosmo_kramer did! Be COOL like cosmo_kramer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ricky Watters should not be on the list, I don't think he deserves a HOF nod. He never led the league in Rushing yards, only one season ('96) in rushing attempts and total yards from scrimmage.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! BillD1984 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, BillD1984 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, BillD1984 did! Be COOL like BillD1984 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lancemccaffrey View Post
    The NFL Network produced a program on Tuesday night about the top 10 NFL players not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Any thougths on this list? Anybody who should not be on this list?

1. Jerry Kramer
    2. Derrick Thomas
    3. Cris Carter
    4. Jim Marshall
    5. Bob Hayes
    6. Ken Stabler
    7. Ricky Watters
    8. Alex Karras
    9. Steve Tasker
    10. Ken Anderson

IMO, Watters and Tasker don't belong on this list. Watters was a very good back with a "me-me" attitude, and Tasker, while a great ST player, did very little from the line of scrimmage.

BTW, I can't believe Jerry Kramer is not in the HOF. That's a disgrace!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo_kramer View Post
    Ricky Watters should not be on the list, I don't think he deserves a HOF nod. He never led the league in Rushing yards, only one season ('96) in rushing attempts and total yards from scrimmage.
    Totally agree. Watters was a product of stacked 49ers team. Cris Carter should be in. Ken Anderson doesn't strike me as HOF material. Wasn't he just a poor man's Boomer Esiason?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillD1984 View Post
    IMO, Watters and Tasker don't belong on this list. Watters was a very good back with a "me-me" attitude, and Tasker, while a great ST player, did very little from the line of scrimmage.

BTW, I can't believe Jerry Kramer is not in the HOF. That's a disgrace!!
    Why not Tasker??!! He made 7 PRO BOWLS as a special teamer!! How many in the HOF can say that? And ISN'T special teams an important part of ANY and ALL football teams?? This is almost the equivalent of saying a defensive player shouldn't/couldn't win a MVP award in the NFL or a Heisman in college.....
    "Danny Ainge needs to shut the f--- up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner going when he was playing and I know that because I coached against him...." Pat Riley to Danny Ainge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lancemccaffrey View Post

1. Jerry Kramer
    2. Derrick Thomas
    3. Cris Carter
    4. Jim Marshall
    5. Bob Hayes
    6. Ken Stabler
    7. Ricky Watters
    8. Alex Karras
    9. Steve Tasker
    10. Ken Anderson
    I think everyone on this list is worthy of serious consideration. Just looking at the names on this list, the people I would definitely put in the Hall are Kramer, Thomas, Carter, Hayes, and Ken Anderson.

Marshall, Stabler, Watters, Karras, and Tasker are borderline - although among these four candidates - the two I would argue for over the others is Marshall and Stabler. I see Watters, Karras, and Tasker as very good, not very good for the Hall of Fame.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast