Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Stop Recording on TV2 with VIP 722

Post Thanks / Like

How to Stop Recording on TV2 with VIP 722

How do I stop Recording (while recording) on TV2. I am using VIP722 in single mode (no second tv connected). Search result yeild that second remote can stop it. But installer took sec. remote away since I was not using second tv

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jim5506 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jim5506 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jim5506 did! Be COOL like Jim5506 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Press DVR button twice to view the list of recordings. Select the item to be terminated. There is an option to stop the recording. (NOTE - this may not be precise, but it is close and the best I can do from memory at this time).

There are several other ways but this is the easiest - others involve channel changing and using the swap button, etc.
    Hitachi 57F59; Sony VHP-D50Q - 7' diag on wall
    Hopper with Sling; Hopper 2000, 3 - Joeys; 2 - HD TiVos, one with 1TB HDD, second with 1.5TB HDD; 2 - TiVo Series 2's; Accurian 6000; Samsung SIR-T351; Panasonic Showstopper 2000; ATI HDTV Wonder; Hauppauge HD PVR;
    2 X Sony PS3; Toshiba HD-A3 HDDVD; SlingBox AV
    Dish 1000.2 on 61.5 and 72.7
    RS U75-R; Funke PSP.1922 still in the box

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP128179863 / HOP128179863 / HOP128179863
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM me when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't work. I get following 508 message
    this event is currently in use . please try later again...

Post Thanks / Like
    You can hit the "PIP swap" button to change to tuner 2 and then hit the stop button.

ke4est is offline Long Live FTA
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know one thing for sure installer should never of taken second remote. I would call and say something.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ccuser View Post
    How do I stop Recording (while recording) on TV2. I am using VIP722 in single mode (no second tv connected). Search result yeild that second remote can stop it. But installer took sec. remote away since I was not using second tv
    If you are are in single mode, you don't need the second remote to stop the recording. As was suggested, use the PIP swap button and flip to the recording channel and press stop or go to the dvr list of recorded shows and the currently recording program will also show. You can access that show and stop from there also. Maybe whoever set up the recording also protected it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast