Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: National Rollout of SWM-Slimline

Post Thanks / Like

National Rollout of SWM-Slimline

Hi,

Has anyone heard any news about the national rollout of the SWM-Slimline dish? I am eagerly awaiting that news. I hope to get DirecTV and the installer to give me a SWM-Slimline dish. Running a second line to the DVR is not an option. My wife is very eager to lose the wire running in from the back bedroom.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! skyviewmark did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, skyviewmark did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, skyviewmark did! Be COOL like skyviewmark and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can roll out all they want.. But since my distributer tells me the SWM-LNB won't be available until October from them, the National Rollout doesn't mean much to me
    Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends
    2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey's - Dish 1000.4 WA - DirecTV HR44-700 - DirecTV HR24-200 - DTV SWMline Dish

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the best way to find out if my local install company has the SWM Slimline? I'm guessing I would want to sign up through DirecTV directly to get whatever their latest deal is, but how do I know what company they actually send out to do the install?

Once I KNOW that I can get the SWM Slimline on a new install, I will call immediately to order. That has been my only hold up.

Post Thanks / Like
    We just finshed the beta test in LA market. Only limitations would be availabilty of equipment...as usual

Post Thanks / Like
    There is always the option for having the Slimeline installed and then having a SWM LNB, power inserter, and splitter at your home for the installer to use in place of the standard LNB and setup. That however will cost you additional out of pocket to get the SWM LNB, power inserter, and splitter from another source such as eBay. I have recently upgraded my Slimeline LNB to SWM LNB myself and I love it.

I don't see why any installer would decline to install the SWM equipment if you have it at the time of your install date. It is saving them time and they are getting paid the same amount for the job since they are paid by the number of recievers.