Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BSC621 BSC-621-2 C / KU Band LNBF

Post Thanks / Like

BSC621 BSC-621-2 C / KU Band LNBF

Broke this away from my thread on Primestar 84E BSC-621-2.

In my opinion and from experimentation I'm shelving the BSC 621-2 because this LNBF has too many trade offs in performance. A seperate quality C-Band LNBF and KU Band LNBF will work much better.

On a dish smaller then 6' in diameter;

My findings are that at best C-Band performance is almost useless and KU Band is even worse and this is with two distance focal depths. A compromise between the two settings is even worse.

Maybe on a Prime Focus BUD this LNBF would be OK, but probably not as good as seperate LNBF's

Just my opinions folks. a grain of salt.

Last edited by satcom1; 08-24-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: balance

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you seemed more inclined to the separate LNBs for each band, here is a little more polished solution.
    While this is an overpriced commercial offering, it wouldn't be difficult to drill a big hole in the scalar and stick a Ku-band LNB through.

Of course, the reference links you provided in your other thread, which went back to 2005 with this 84e dish idea, didn't really work out all that well either.

The guys using 1.2 meter dishes (4 foot) seem a happier lot.
    Bloomdog, PopcornNmore, and QWERT1515 all have 1.2 m dishes on C-band.
    You might search for postings by them and notice that the C-band LNB is offset on most or all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSSScalar_Ring2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	28253  
    Straight Talk on AT&T iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, BB 3.10.01.
    restoring broken iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, BB 3.4.03.

: BirdView 8' solid & GBox V3000.
    :
    AMCI 8' perf (maybe a DH?) & AJAK-180.

Post Thanks / Like

The whole point here is to use the smallest dish and get the most

Quote Originally Posted by Anole View Post
    Since you seemed more inclined to the separate LNBs for each band, here is a little more polished solution.
    While this is an overpriced commercial offering, it wouldn't be difficult to drill a big hole in the scalar and stick a Ku-band LNB through.

Of course, the reference links you provided in your other thread, which went back to 2005 with this 84e dish idea, didn't really work out all that well either.

The guys using 1.2 meter dishes (4 foot) seem a happier lot.
    Bloomdog, PopcornNmore, and QWERT1515 all have 1.2 m dishes on C-band.
    You might search for postings by them and notice that the C-band LNB is offset on most or all.

The whole point is to use the smallest dish possible and get the most channels possible.

Otherwise I just switch over to my 10' BUD.

Alot of people can't have larger then 1 meter dishes and this experiment is for that need.

1.2 meters is definetly not appropriate.

If DREAMFOX gets the performance he has stated then that is more then enough for alot of folks, that otherwise could not have C-Band.

Your scalar photo is perfect for the next project, but I will center the P* elliptical scalar ring between two overlapping C-Band scalar rings I will use the second Panarama for circular. QPH-031 with C120 interface to the P* elliptical circular scalar ring.

Don't you ever sleep?
    Last edited by satcom1; 08-23-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have thought that the BSC621-2 would work better for simultaneous C/Ku on a small dish, since I've read many times that a Ku LNBF on a large BUD has to be positioned much more precisely than one on a DBS dish, for instance. Maybe my mistake was assuming that this thing would work as advertised under any circumstance.

I was planning to get C and Ku from one particular orbital slot on a fixed dish. I guess I'll have to go with separate C and Ku LNBFs and motorize the thing. Now I just need to find a reasonably priced (<$60) C-band LNBF that has a high performance/price ratio. Does anyone know if the 13K Panorama or BSC-421 outperforms the BSC-621?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 421 and a 621 and they work about the same on C-Band

I have the 621 on my 6 footer that I ghetto move but its for C-Band only. I dont bother with KU because I lose hair trying to work with it
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Machman View Post
    Does anyone know if the 13K Panorama or BSC-421 outperforms the BSC-621?
    There doesn't seem to be anything in print that suggests any of them are significantly better than others.

Couple more you might consider:
    - Eagle Aspen
    bandstacked C-band

LNB at Sadoun. With or without scalar. Good if you want to feed several receivers.
    - SatelliteAV and his
    CK-1

. Described in several Linuxman threads.

Straight Talk on AT&T iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, BB 3.10.01.
    restoring broken iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, BB 3.4.03.

: BirdView 8' solid & GBox V3000.
    :
    AMCI 8' perf (maybe a DH?) & AJAK-180.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast