Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diagnosing lip sync causes

Post Thanks / Like

Diagnosing lip sync causes

I have a 622 receiver receiver connected to a Hitachi Rear Projection TV by HDMI and connected to a Sharp Aquos LC32D62U in another room by both a 35ft component cable and a coax cable from the TV2 output. I have noticed that the lip sync on my Sharp Aquos always appears to be off, regardless of which input I use, but my other TV is fine. I'm trying to determine what is causing this lip sync problem. Is it an issue with my Dish receiver or could it be caused by my long cable runs? Or is it possible that my TV itself has some sort of inherent problem with lip sync that causes everything to be out of sync? If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    A few months ago I sent an email to Dishtech to ask about lipsync solutions. The response I got was that there are several causes, and Dish continues to search for a solution. My understanding is that most of the problem on lipsync issues with HD material is the individual setup a person has, and the fact that HDTVs with better processing capability (and flexibility) can create a better solution than Dish currently has the ability to do. My problems with lipsync issues with SD programs, which require minimal video processing, has been little to none.

Another problem, over which Dish presumably has little control, is that some of the material Dish relays to us apparently has the lipsync problem built-in when Dish gets it. I can see where this would present great problems for live shows and shows "recorded live."

Hope this helps a bit.

fitzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzie View Post
    My problems with lipsync issues with SD programs, which require minimal video processing, has been little to none.
    I should clarify that my lip sync issues also exist for SD programming and there is no noticeable difference between SD and HD. The lip sync issue appears on all channels, not just on occasional program here and there.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the delay is the same, perhaps a receiver with variable delay capability would be your answer. However, since you have 2 TVs and only one has the problem, the Aquos, logical analysis would say the problem is in the Aquos. Unless, of course, the Aquos is the one at the end of the 35 foot run? Then the problem could be in the Aquos, the cable, or the length of the run. The one time I tried using a TV at the end of a 25 foot cable the results were not good. Maybe a signal booster?

fitzie

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, I have a 722 receiver, and a 37" Aquos. I almost never see the sync issue with HD (maybe 1% of the shows). I do see it on the SD channels when the receiver is set to sync with HD - but I expected that. To confirm - you do have the receiver set to sync to HD and not SD, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    You say you have component cables running to TV2... along with the Coax.... that would mean that you are getting picture from the TV1 tuner, and sound from the TV2 tuner.... that would explain your problem right there.

Without seeing your setup, I couldn't give you a 100% answer... but that is my first hunch....

Do this... instead of watching the HD picture, switch the Sharp to Channel 60 (or 73) or whatever it was modulated to.... if that fixes the problem, you need to run RCA audio cables to TV2 from the TV1 ports along side your component cables.

The only other solution, if you want to watch HD from TV2 is to get another HD receiver for that TV.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast