Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: What is the location of the satellites for the east coast?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the location of the satellites for the east coast?

Hi guys. I am new to this forum. I live on the east coast (08330) and I live in association where there is only one place where I am able to put the dish. And from that place I have limited view of the sky. There are a lot of trees around and the dish has to be on the ground. So before I call Dish N. can somebody tell me what satellites has to be visible so I would be able to get all the programming from Dish N.?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! kstuart did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, kstuart did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, kstuart did! Be COOL like kstuart and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a stickied thread at the top with the title "Eastern Arc... "
    Last edited by kstuart; 09-25-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You MIGHT get in on Eastern Arc, which includes one dish pointing at 61.5, 72 & 77. This would get you SD & HD coverage. Not sure what locals might apply to you, if any. Mays Landing, NJ, eh?

Or they might set you up with a dish for 110/119. If you want HD, then you'll also get another dish for 61.5 or 129. Probably the former. In fact, I don't think you can get 129 where you're at.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t think that is going to work for me. My visible area is somewhere between 70 and 110. So I won’t be able to get 61.5 and 119. They are booth behind a tree. I’m just angry because the association where I live won’t allow me to install the dish on the roof even it's my own townhouse. And I don’t think that they will cut the top of the tree for me so I would be able to get 119.
    Anyway thanks for your help guys.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ALL STOP. BACK ONE THIRD.

Your homeowner's association? If you own your home, townhome, etc, they have no say. It's the LAW. We fight this over and over. They CANNOT stop you from putting up a dish up to 1 meter wherever you want (within safety rules), and any number of dishes. Same for OTA antennas. But HOAs try to bull their way thru all the time.

If you are a member of a co-op or such, different story. But if you own, see this link on
    OTARD.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! HDRoberts did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, HDRoberts did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, HDRoberts did! Be COOL like HDRoberts and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like