Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIRECTV2PC Media Server

Post Thanks / Like

DIRECTV2PC Media Server

I just turned on my PS3 and under Video "DIRECTV2PC Media server" shows up as a host. I can go to my HR2X Playlist but all my recordings though are "unsupported data". Is this a sign that maybe Sony and DirecTV have something in the works? This would also be a great way for MRV.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Sony has anything to do with this. It's simply DirecTV implementing their new DirecTV2PC service. It just so happens that they've chosen to implement a standards based approach to this new technology that the PS3 also uses. After installing the software on my PC, it said that it had to authenticate/authorize it to play protected content. I don't know if this call went out to the internet or just to the HR21, but I'm betting that is why your PS3 won't play content- it's missing this step.

Anyways, since this is new tech, this is all just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NutFlush920 View Post
    I just turned on my PS3 and under Video "DIRECTV2PC Media server" shows up as a host. I can go to my HR2X Playlist but all my recordings though are "unsupported data". Is this a sign that maybe Sony and DirecTV have something in the works? This would also be a great way for MRV.
    This has been this way for many months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG72 View Post
    This has been this way for many months.

This is the first time I have ever seen this. It has to have something to do with the recent national release and DIRECT2PC software.

It would be cool though to play the shows on the PS3. Oh well, perhaps the next CE will have the must awaited feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what would happen if you were to use the PS3 to delete recorded shows... (If you select info on the PS3, it gives the title of the show.)

Post Thanks / Like
    It just says "unsupported data". I can't play or anything. I haven't tried to delete anything though from the PS3. Just thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts. No biggy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast