Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How set up NIM100 so I can ditch the Actiontech router?

Post Thanks / Like

How set up NIM100 so I can ditch the Actiontech router?

I only have Fios for internet and the Actiontech wireless router is terrible. Unfortunately, I did not know it when they installed the Fios and they ran coax instead of ethernet (even though I dont have Fios tv). So, I bought a Motorola NIM100 on Ebay so I could use my Linksys wireless router instead of the Actiontech. I thought it was plug-and-play, but I am not connecting to the internet. Anything I should be doing or any settings should check? Thanks!

I have it set ONT-coax-NIM100-cat5-Linksys.

I am not connecting to the internet.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! grydlok did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, grydlok did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, grydlok did! Be COOL like grydlok and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you release your IP address for the Actiontech before switching?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! grydlok did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, grydlok did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, grydlok did! Be COOL like grydlok and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I also have the actiontech router, can you please tell me what you dont like about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tvwatchingdude View Post
    Hi, I also have the actiontech router, can you please tell me what you dont like about it?
    The NAT table is tiny so it consistently shuts down. Also, the wireless performance is horrible. Do a search and you will find out more. Just enter a few terms such as actiontech fios and terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grydlok View Post
    Did you release your IP address for the Actiontech before switching?
    No. How would I go about doing that? If I release it, will my above setup then work and automatically assign an IP to the Linksys router? I am pretty wet behind the ears with networking.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast