Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much does Fios TV really cost?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cebbigh did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cebbigh did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cebbigh did! Be COOL like cebbigh and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

How much does Fios TV really cost?

I already have Fios Internet and phone service. My monthly bill comes out to about 90.00 per month. I'd like to add TV and the advertisements seem to imply I'd only be adding about 10.00 per month if I bundle. But that really sounds too good to be true. What do the actual bills come out when you add TV (HD) with DVR?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I'll be moving to Fios soon, but only for voice/internet. Very happy with Dish and their DVRs. If after 2 years or so, Fios has a DVR equivalent to the ViP722, and is cheaper, I'll consider them for video.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Post Thanks / Like
    They have different bundling packages. I have their extreme triple play, which gives me:

- Extreme HD TV
    - 20/5 internet
    - essentials phone

Total is $110/month. That doesn't include hardware, taxes and other fees. In terms of hardware, check out their website. You'll also pay a franchise fee on your TV service - what that is depends on where you live (it's really minimal around here, but can be substantial in other areas), and taxes. I was told, rule of thumb, add 9% to your bill and that covers the fees and taxes (including franchise fee).

There are other bundles out there - if you only want TV and internet, e.g. - which give really substantial savings. If you want HD, you'll need to make sure you bundle in with the Extreme HD TV package (vs. the FiOS TV Essentials, which is basically just SD, with HD locals). The Extreme HD also gives you, though, access to their former sports pack channels (they eliminated their sports pack in all areas, except for Northern NJ and NY), and those channels are now included in their Extreme HD package. That package gives you access to all their non-premium HD channels.

In terms of hardware, here's the current price list:

- SD Set top box - $6/month
    - HD set top box - $10/month
    - HD DVR - $16/month
    - Multiroom HD DVR - $20/month

They also have a 'digital adapter' for $4/month. This is basically a very pared down SD box which doesn't give you guide data or access to VOD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Extreme Hd package
    20/5 internet
    essentials phone service
    home media dvr
    2 other set top boxes(bedrooms)
    all movie channels
    after taxes and other fees bill comes to $172.00 a month

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! navychop did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, navychop did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, navychop did! Be COOL like navychop and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    in VA they require you sub to a voice line pkg to get any service. Then they can abandon the copper.
    Reunite Pangaea!

Appreciate my posts AND thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    DRD703497211 / DRD592770150 / ADP0029743389
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! riffjim4069 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, riffjim4069 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, riffjim4069 did! Be COOL like riffjim4069 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

As I recently posted elsewhere...

...we've had the Triple Play since our install back in April. We didn't need the landline, but the Flex Bundle wasn't available until recently. Anyway, I got tired of not being able to watch the Fox News HD, Fox Business HD, and ABC Family HD channels, so I called into Verizon about switching to the Flex Bundle. The CSR told me that switching would still incur a $200 cancellation fee. However, she also said that I could be moved to the upgraded Triple Play Bundle for the same price of $109.99 (upgrade to 20/5 Internet, upgrade to ExtremeHD, same old unneeded landline). Plus, I actually saved a few bucks since the DVR fee was waived for three months...and the new 12-month contract actually shaved 4-months off my existing contract.

Happy Camper here! I'll try to get rid of the landline again next year, but we love FiOS Internet and TV. The only wink link about FiOS TV is the HD DVR...if only they would field a better DVR that supported external storage. I would love to see EchoStar make Verizon's DVRs. We tried TiVo HD, but it wasn't any better (and more costly) than the FiOS box. If I had D* I would dump 'em in a heartbeat for FiOS TV. If I had E* I would dump 'em too, but we still miss using our 622s.
    “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” ~Confucius (504 B.C.)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast