Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Direct tv receiver and remote problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Direct tv receiver and remote problem.

We just got a new R15 300 receiver(the 1st one was bad),the problem is this: when you select #'s on remote, it doubles up, say you hit 2, before you can do anything else there are already three 2's on the screen. Sometimes it doesn't even take the command you are giving. We called DTV and quibbled for over an hour and they finally sent us a new remote(RC64) but it does the same thing. I am thinking the problem is the receiver, as we have another remote borrowed and it does same thing. Does anyone have this problem, or can you help out?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    This could be a case of IR interference. Remove any other remotes from the room and see what happens. Another check is to use the remote up close to the unit and see if the problem remains.
    HR23-700, HR24-500/AM21, Samsung UN46C6500

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdspencer View Post
    This could be a case of IR interference. Remove any other remotes from the room and see what happens. Another check is to use the remote up close to the unit and see if the problem remains.
    I am only using one remote. Doesn't help up close. What do you mean by IR interference?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: damon-77_
    Sometimes that happends to me ,but mostly because its not very responsive and I end up getting inpatient and keep hitting the button. Most likly a receiver issue. The R16 are slow to respond. Maybe yours is just worse then most. Call D* and have a tech look at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    IR interference is when an outside IR source interferes with the operation of the remote. Another remote, used by another device, with a stuck button can cause this. With interference, pressing a button such as '2', is received by the receiver, but the interference keeps the receiver from seeing that the remote IR signal has been removed and such just repeats. When you try up close, your body can block the outside source and then it would work.
    HR23-700, HR24-500/AM21, Samsung UN46C6500