Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I can't get FOX HD channel w/ antenna?

Post Thanks / Like

Help! I can't get FOX HD channel w/ antenna?

Trying to set up an antenna for the house we are having Thanksgiving at. For some reason I just can't get the Fox HD station on my antenna. ABC, CBS, and NBC are OK but FOX is very weak. I'm about 47 miles from the station according to the antenna web and it's only 1 degree off from the other channels that come in fine. I get it fine from my house which is right across the street with a lesser antenna. I get a solid 100 signal strength for all the major networks. Just can't get it from this current location. Remember having the same problem trying to get the superbowl from my dads house on FOX with the same antenna. Could it be the antenna? I have a Channelmaster 4228. Please help!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    howletus,

What is your zip code? I would ask you to post your TV FOOL readout, but you can't until you have a few more posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    howletus,

That 4228 is a great Antenna, but quite directional (about 15 beamwidth)
    You might try turning it just a couple degrees in favor of the Fox Channel.
    But, what you pick up on one side, you may loose from the other!

Other Antennas with equally capable range, but with a wider "eye" would be...

Antennas Direct DB8
    Channel Master 2020
    Winegard 8800
    (and others)

Have a good Day !
    S.W.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or better yet, click on the website link below and get your geographic coordinates. This will give us a better idea of the signal levels at your location

Address Map Coordinate (Lat/Long) Finder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howletus View Post
    Could it be the antenna? I have a Channelmaster 4228. Please help!
    The most common problem with a 4228 is that it's a UHF only antenna that kinda-sorta works on VHF. 47 miles on VHF is too far for kinda-sorta.

What channel is your FOX station on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting that last night and even when I set up my own home antenna all our local HD stations were yellow (small to medium range antenna required) according to the antenna web. Even last night. Now this morning for some reason all the stations are blue or purple which would mean a large directional antenna.
    FOX here is channel 40.1. Distance is 47 miles. Azimuth, True 327, Magn 313.
    Again, what's odd is that the smaller antenna on my house gets all locals fine but this 4228 which is supposed to have even better range is not cutting it. Maybe I'm just not high enough? The one on my house is mounted at the top of the chimney. This one is mounted on the fence of the house. It only sticks up about 12 feet but there's nothing blocking the path to the stations we're trying to get within 50 feet. I would guess the one working on my roof is 8 to 10 feet higher. Might be the difference huh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast