Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
dishtv remote won't work with new tv
I just got a new tv, but now the dishtv remote does not respond when I try to tune the volume. Other features like channeling and accessing 'guide' work, but in order for me to tune the volume I have to use the remote that came with the new tv. I had no such problem with my old tv. Is there some kind of installation procedure I have to set up that allows my dish tv remote to function correctly?
12-14-2008 05:47 PM
Yep - you're gonna need your manual. You can either scan thru all the codes, or there are specific codes listed in the back of the manual by tv manufacturer. It's about a four step process.
Sony code = 500
Vizio code = 627
Any others I just use the power scan method.
What is the brand and model of your new tv?
1. Turn on tv
2. Press and hold down the TV button until the other function buttons light up.
3. Press the main power button once.
4. Repeatedly press and release the up arrow button until the tv turns off.
5. Press the # button once, the tv button will flash three times and you should be good to go.
If the power button starts flashing repeatedly you have gone through all of the codes and the remote will not operate your particular brand of tv.
The brand of your tv is?
Originally Posted by Anthem26
Let's assume it an LCD tv....But that doesn't matter because the codes don't change that much..
Here are some codes ..
Last edited by dishcomm; 12-24-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Tags for this Thread