Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: copying from Direct TV HD DVR to DVD

Post Thanks / Like

Question copying from Direct TV HD DVR to DVD

OK - am sure that I am the 4,000,000th person to ask this question.

How do I copy recorded programs from my Direct TV HD DVR to a CD. Believe it or not, my wife and I were photographed on national TV at a NASCAR race, and I want to copy it off to a DVD so I can prove it to my kids..LOL.

Can someone who knows how to do give me a hand?

Thanks,
    Lostal21

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think DTV has released the info or even the software to do this. I think you can transfer via the usb port in the future but right now the only way is to send the video and audio to something else via the receivers connections, RCA, HDMI, Component, SVideo. In other words run connections out from the receiver to the input of some type of recording device (CDRW, VCR, Computer) Play the program on the DVR and set the recording device to record from the selected video/audio inputs used coming from the DVR. Thats the only way I know of right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    you will need to use a VCR or DVD Burner and connect it to one of the open outputs on the HDDVR, then follow the instructions with your VCR or DVD Burner. You will have to record it as you watch it.

Post Thanks / Like
    What if you have an external Hard Drive via the Sata port? If its on your home network, can you burn from there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do it from a 'stand-alone' DVD-R (not computer based) all the time. I just push 'play' on the DVR and 'record' on the recorder. Simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    It will not be spectacular quality but this is the easiest and quickest thing to do. Just take a smart phone and record a video. If you do it from the right distance off an HDTV the quality will be decent. From there you can just copy it to a CD or DVD.... even easier, just email/text it to someone. I've done this before and it's not that bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast