Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! phlatwound did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, phlatwound did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, phlatwound did! Be COOL like phlatwound and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    DVB-S2 blind scan would be excellent........but I get a lot more excited about vaporware that also claims 4:2:2 capability.

One of these days..................

C-Band: 12' Unimesh/AJAK 180/GeoSat C2***10' "Perfect 10" mesh/GeoSat C2*** 8.5' Birdview solid/BV H-H/GeoSat C2*** 7.5' Unimesh/CalAmp voltage-controlled LNBF***...C-Band LOS from 58W-139W
    Ku-Band: 3ABN .9m/SL1PLL LNBF/SG2100***Fortec .9m/TrackerII LNBF/STAB HH90***7.25' Birdview "Spoon"/TrackerII/70:1 BV H-H***Prodelin 1.8m/GeoSat Bullet/AJAK 180 H-H***Paraclipse Hydro 1.5m Prime Focus/Linear Actuator/C120 LNBF...Ku-Band LOS from 30W-129W
    Receivers: Toshiba TRX-1820 Analog-->Openbox S9 HDx2***GeosatPro microHD
    OTA Digital: CM 4228/CM 7777 Preamp/Apex DT-250 for OTA Locals, Toshiba 46" Regza & Toshiba 19" LCDs
    In Progress: (2) Birdview 8.5' (1 solid & 1 perf) w/Birdview H-H mounts, "Drake" 10' solid alum....*BVOC Asst. Cook & Bottlewasher*

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Henry T, stop raining on my parade, I need something to hope for Seriously though, I think most people reading this realizes its only a matter of time and the better receivers will come, whether this one will or not, who knows?
    Lak7, I've been following the Techomate talk on the forums, also the Vantage 8000 hd is very highly regarded. Its interesting, I've noticed since these new boxes hit the Euro market, they have had several firmware updates, very buggy to start but gradually they iron things out. I wonder where it was that manufacturers enlisted customers as free beta testers for their products Would have been unheard of 20 years ago but people seem to have come to expect and accept it.
    Also, I noticed the C-tech 5000 mentioned above uses the ndf file format....maybe Channelmaster compatible.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Lak7 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Lak7 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Lak7 did! Be COOL like Lak7 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I noticed the C-tech 5000 mentioned above uses the ndf file format....maybe Channelmaster compatible
    It's the same NDF format as Coolsats. Same as Diamond, Technomate, MAXDigital, Clarketech and about a dozen other boxes.
    If you wanted a Poor Man's Blind Scanning Diamond 9000HD, you just have to get a Coolsat 5000 to scan with, then transfer the NDF Channel List directly to the Diamond, no Channel Master needed. LOL
    10' Unimesh, with Bullseye II Feed and PLL LNBs, GBox 3000, feeding Omicom S2 & TBS5925.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lak7 View Post
    It's the same NDF format as Coolsats. Same as Diamond, Technomate, MAXDigital, Clarketech and about a dozen other boxes.
    If you wanted a Poor Man's Blind Scanning Diamond 9000HD, you just have to get a Coolsat 5000 to scan with, then transfer the NDF Channel List directly to the Diamond, no Channel Master needed. LOL
    Yes, I have a couple of Coolsats here, they are great for generating blind scanned lists that I can import into MyTheatre format through Channelmaster. The reason I said "maybe channelmaster compatible" is because I was not sure how the terrestrial channels are handled in the box, if they are kept separate from the satellite channels or are mixed in together in one file. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    these next generation models "Super and Plus" have only one diference from the first generation it offers Blind Scan of dvb-s channels. I also have heard on other european forums that the blind scan isn't that great and can't do S2... I do like the diamond 9000 tunner which has good signal readings / meter.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Lak7 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Lak7 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Lak7 did! Be COOL like Lak7 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a whole new Chip Set for the Super and Plus.
    Technomate assured me that the Blind Scan will pick up DVB-S2, but would not comment on how long a Scan would take.
    10' Unimesh, with Bullseye II Feed and PLL LNBs, GBox 3000, feeding Omicom S2 & TBS5925.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast