Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV2 display same as TV1 in dual mode.

Post Thanks / Like

TV2 display same as TV1 in dual mode.

I have a DVR HD receiver (not sure of model number) that suddenly started sending the TV1 signal to TV2 even in dual mode. TV1 remote will operate both TVs, but the TV2 remote will not. If I switch to single mode shared view, it responds accordingly, allowing either remote to control both TV1 and TV2. This problem briefly went away for a couple of days, then came back.

Thanks for any advice.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Shared view sends out tv1 and tv2 channels on the rf coax. Check to see if second tv is watching the correct channel number by viewing the system info screen, it will list both tv channel outs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure I understand, but I will try the system info screen when I get home. Any menu I bring up on tv1 is also displayed on tv2. When you say channel, do you mean the tv (air) input channel? (i.e. channel 63 or whatever)?

(Single mode and shared view perform fine.)

Thanks.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Pepper did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Pepper did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Pepper did! Be COOL like Pepper and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    TV1 and TV2 both go over the coax, on different channels.

If your remote TV is tuned to TV1's channel instead of TV2's channel, what you describe will happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is happening to me too, on one of my 622s. The other 622 seems ok. In effect, with the 622 set in Dual mode it is acting like it is in single mode...

I never use Dual mode but was testing functionality out for a friend yesterday and noticed it was not working correctly. Not sure how long this might have been going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I understand. Your saying that TV1 and TV2 signals are both sent out of that coax (even though I watch tv1 on HDMI) and, according to which channel the TV is, it will pick up either the TV1 signal or the TV2 signal.

Thanks, I think I got it!

(But how did the channel change??and when I do a channel scan on TV2 it only picks up the one channel, I think --will have to verify that)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast