Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I watch live TV while recording?

Post Thanks / Like

Why can't I watch live TV while recording?

I have a dual tuner HD dvr from dish. Sometimes (not all the time), when i am recording a single show, it won't let me watch live TV without stopping my recording. How do i fix this?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    If yhe receiver is in single mode then you can watch live tv and record on tv 2 as the receiver need two feeds for each signal.

Post Thanks / Like
    put receiver in single mode using mode button behind door...then box will act like a tivo or directv dvr, but just like them it'll be 1 tv only at that point. put back in dual to make it for two tv again

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are recording OTA, you cannot change to another OTA channel as well. If this is your case, make sure you are changing to a sat channel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this affects things but I control another TV upstairs with this box. I would like to be able to watch one thing upstairs, and another thing downstairs. also, if i'm not watching something upstairs, i'd like to be able to watch something downstairs (on the tv with the box) while i'm recording something.

like i said, this doesn't always happen. it seems to be something with whether it records on tv1 or tv2, but i don't understand why it wouldn't always do the same thing. i was wondering if maybe it happens if i'm recording something on tv1 at 7 to 8:02 (i usually let it record a minute or 2 over to make sure i don't miss the end of a show), then recording something else that starts at 8.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KyDave did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KyDave did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KyDave did! Be COOL like KyDave and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you hit your DVR button 3 times you will see your recording schedule, complete with which tuner will be used for each program. That will give you an idea of when you can watch LIVE TV at any given time for either TV1 or TV2. It really just depends on what is scheduled to record and where.

Also (in case you didn't know) you can watch something recorded on the dvr ANYTIME on either tv1 or tv2 - even if something is recording on both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast