Results 1 to 6 of 10
Thread: Symptoms of a Failing 622?
04-24-2009 01:32 PM #1
Symptoms of a Failing 622?
My 622 is 2+ years old.
Over the past 3 days, the following has happened twice:
1. Watching TV.
2. Screen freezes for a few seconds and then goes black.
3. The 2 lights on the front of the 622 turn off.
4. Hard drive makes a loud, whirring noise for several minutes.
5. Remote will not turn on the 622.
6. Power button on the receiver will not turn on the 622, but it will cause the hard drive to make the whirring noise for several minutes, and then the noise stops.
7. I locate Dish’s phone number and pick up the phone to call Dish, at which point the “Acquiring Satellite” message pops up on the TV, and eventually the picture comes back, and everything is fine.
8. The entire process takes about 10 minutes.
The 622 is in an open cabinet with plenty of air circulation (see attached picture), but the room temperature was around 79 degrees both times the incident happened. I put my hand on the 622, and it felt hot, but I don’t know if that was unusual or not. I think I’ve read on this forum that 622’s tend to run hot.
Suggestions or ideas?
04-24-2009 01:32 PM # ADSRegister Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
04-24-2009 01:36 PM #2
yep hopefuly u have dishes insurance call them complane they send u new one propaly new 722..
04-24-2009 01:58 PM #3Just lost in space
Check your hard drive temp from the diagnostic screen. Keep the avg temp under 120 for best performance. Read this thread for more info."Nothing on earth can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude"
-- Thomas Jefferson
Sony KDL-60EX701, Sony KDS-R60XBR2, Vizio VW32L, Vizio VX37L
SuperDish converted to 1000+, D500 for 61.5, Vip 722k, 622, 211, 211, 211k
Onkyo TX-NR609, Polk R50 (2), Polk R15 (4), Polk CS2 center, Yamaha sub
Toshiba HD-A2, Sony PS3, ROKU HD, Samsung BD-C5500
04-24-2009 02:03 PM #4
That is pretty much what occurred to my 662. It progressively got worse to the point where I had to ship it back to DISH. I will say that they did take care of my very well... I called them late Sunday, got the replacement on Weds.
04-24-2009 02:36 PM #5
04-24-2009 02:47 PM #6
Also, mine has plenty of space for air intake, & it began to pixelate a little more than it used to, but never got to the point of rebooting like yours. I took the cover off and took a can of compressed "duster" & blew the dust off the fan blades & chips while holding a vacuum to suck up what I blew off... no problems w/ the pixelation any more... may be worth a try, they're extremely sensitive to temperature...------------
Rob - Superdish @ 110 / 119 (105 disabled) & Dish 500 w/ single LNB @ 129 all fed into DP34
VIP622, DP311 (x2)