Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 99s and 103s

Post Thanks / Like

99s and 103s

I just moved into a condo that has the unit prewired for Directv. I was going through the signal meters and noticed that I don't get anything for 99s and 103s. What are those for?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ChrisK114 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ChrisK114 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ChrisK114 did! Be COOL like ChrisK114 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: cgking114
    Those are for the HD channels. They also hold the spotbeams for HD locals.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, if my HD channels are working fine then it doesn't affect me?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vashwood View Post
    So, if my HD channels are working fine then it doesn't affect me?
    If your not getting the 99 and or 103 your not getting the new HD channels (MPEG4)
    Lets Go Red Wings !!!

HR44-500, 2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! texasbrit did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, texasbrit did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, texasbrit did! Be COOL like texasbrit and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The replies to the OP are very confusing. 99s and 103s carry only spotbeams delivering HD locals. That means many people get zero or low signals on most of the transponders, because the spotbeams are not pointed at them, that's quite normal. The 99c and 103c screens show all the transponders delivering the national HD channels (CONUS). All the transponders on 99c and 103c should be at least 80s, preferably 90s.
    However, it would be very unusual to get zero signals on ALL the 99s/103s transponders. What is your zip code?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by texasbrit View Post
    The replies to the OP are very confusing. 99s and 103s carry only spotbeams delivering HD locals. That means many people get zero or low signals on most of the transponders, because the spotbeams are not pointed at them, that's quite normal. The 99c and 103c screens show all the transponders delivering the national HD channels (CONUS). All the transponders on 99c and 103c should be at least 80s, preferably 90s.
    However, it would be very unusual to get zero signals on ALL the 99s/103s transponders. What is your zip code?

Should i be worry that all my 99c are between 77 - 80% and all my 103c are 85 - 90%.

How do i increase the 99c signal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast