Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I get East Coast Feed in the West

Post Thanks / Like

Can I get East Coast Feed in the West

I live in Oregon and I can't get CBS, because of the Fisher dispute.

My wife told me that a co-worker's friend got Dish to give them the East Coast feed, since they can't broadcast the local CBS feed.

Does this seem possible to anybody?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Dish works with a third party to provide out of market network affiliates. Here's what you need:

https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or temporarily "move" to the nearest dma with a CBS and you can get your stations. Please do a search for "MOVING" and it will tell you all you need to know .

Post Thanks / Like
    The nearest DMA Portland, Oregon. Which is also a Fisher Station, except instead of CBS I would lose ABC. Either way I lose out.

The longer the problem between Dish and Fisher drags out, the more I'm looking at the MRV capabilities that Directv is working on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocophone View Post
    The nearest DMA Portland, Oregon. Which is also a Fisher Station, except instead of CBS I would lose ABC. Either way I lose out.

The longer the problem between Dish and Fisher drags out, the more I'm looking at the MRV capabilities that Directv is working on.
    Is OTA an option?

Post Thanks / Like
    I demo'ed an antenna from the local dish network installer. Because of my location I need to spend some money to buy a good one. Also, my DVR a 522 does not dvr OTA signals, so I would need to upgrade my DVR. I don't have HDTVs right now, so I don't want to upgrade my DRVs.

I just want what I was paying for last December.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast