Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best way to hook my internet connection up to my VIP722 HD DVR receiver??

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best way to hook my internet connection up to my VIP722 HD DVR receiver??

Hey I am bigbluenation and I am a Dish Network subscriber. I wonder if anyone has a cheap way to allow me to hook up my internet connection for I can use the remote access DVR control and also not have to pay the extra 5 dollars a month that is upstairs to my Dish HDDVR downstairs without having to run wires from downstairs to upstairs or vice versa?? I currently have cable internet connection and have a wireless Netgear WGR614 802.11G router. What do I need to complete what i want to do? Also any idea when more HD channels will be avail and will DIsh ever get the On Demand feature like Time Warner has?? Any help would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mike123abc did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mike123abc did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mike123abc did! Be COOL like mike123abc and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can hook up one of your 722s to the internet you can use the built in homeplug to connect the others via the power outlets. Note that a surge protector or UPS can block the homeplug signals.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! n0qcu did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, n0qcu did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, n0qcu did! Be COOL like n0qcu and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mike123abc View Post
    If you can hook up one of your 722s to the internet you can use the built in homeplug to connect the others via the power outlets.
    That is a false statement.

Homeplug will not connect to the internet through a receiver that's connected.
    You must use a homeplug device as the internet connection source.
    Kevin

Thinking of Signing Up for DISH? Please consider using one of my referral codes below and we will both save $50 on our DISH bill!
    HOP055536601, HOP066044856, HOP066913243
    To redeem the code go to http://tinyurl.com/dishreferral or you can call 888-284-7103 or your local participating DISH retailer!
    (If you use one of my referral codes THANK YOU! Please PM when you use the code so I can remove the used code!)
    3 Hoppers
    3 Joeys, all wireless
    1 Hopper 2.0
    YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on every Hopper.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to use Homeplug which is already built into 722s, just plug a Homeplug adapter into an electrical outlet next to the router and then a Cat 5 cable from the HP adapter to the router. That'll connect the 722 via the electric wiring. You can use a wireless bridge or wireless game adapter connected to the receiver's ethernet port to connect wirelessly. The best solution to maximize bandwidth is ethernet cable directly to your router.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 722 won't recognize my wireless game adapter. Network is configured for DHCP and all computers are seeing the router and internet through the game adapter ok. Have tried receiver reset. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybob View Post
    My 722 won't recognize my wireless game adapter. Network is configured for DHCP and all computers are seeing the router and internet through the game adapter ok. Have tried receiver reset. Any ideas?
    No help here, unfortunately. I assume you did the receiver's broadband setup.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast