Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 722K OTA module installation question

Post Thanks / Like

722K OTA module installation question

I am curious, does the OTA module that you order with the 722K require an antenna that you would have on your TV inside your home? or would the OTA module connect to some external antenna that attaches to your dish that the installer puts on the roof?

Thanks so much

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It works (requires) an antenna, either internal or external.

Post Thanks / Like
    So if i purchase the OTA module with the 722k will Dish install the proper antenna? Or would that be something I would need to get?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dish doesn't supply OTA antennas. They intend for the OTA module to be connected to an antenna the customer has or installs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dose the OTA module work any better than when it first came out? I thought thet were having trouble with it. They said it was made in India.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! cditty did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, cditty did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, cditty did! Be COOL like cditty and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: I am a 360 guy
    The 722K itself is made in india according to my new boxes. This is the first exchange I have ever done that I got new receivers instead of remanufactured ones. It seems to be quite a bit faster responding than my 722's were. My ota modules will be here on Wednesday and I can't wait. I think the signal is a little lower than the integrated module, because it splits the signal, but I have such high signal that I don't see it to be a problem. I can't wait to be able to record two of my networks in HD at the same time. They did warn me of a reboot bug, that can occur if you are using both ota's and both sat's to record four programs at once. They just wanted to make me aware of it and also told me a fix is coming.

Lots of stuff is made in india now, it is becoming the new *made in china*.

It is bring your own antenna... I mounted one in the attic. If you buy one, the installer will probably do it for you for a tip.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast