Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
Tripod Mount or Pole Mount
I ordered DirecTV yesterday by telephone. I told the CSR that I was pretty sure I would need a pole mount because of line of sight restrictions caused by trees; if my informal analysis is correct, there is no way to attach a dish to the house and have the proper line of sight to the satellites. There is one place in the yard that I think would work. I used proper magnetic compass readings and elevations to make this informal determination.
So I explained to the CSR that I would probably need a pole mount, and I asked her to make note of that so that the installation tech would know to bring a pole. She told me that DirecTV calls a "pole mount" a "tripod mount".
1) So, does "DirecTV tripod mount" = "DirecTV pole mount"?
2) If they are not the same, which is best for mounting the dish in a yard?
3) If I need a pole mount, should I call back to again specify that, or just wait for the tech to arrive for the install?
07-16-2009 06:43 AM