Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray side bars on all channels

Post Thanks / Like

Gray side bars on all channels

For some reason starting last night I am getting gray side bars on HD channels instead of the full widescreen effect. I am not sure what the problem is, the channel banner says "HD:gray bar", so I assume it has something to do with the receiver.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ShadowEKU did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ShadowEKU did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ShadowEKU did! Be COOL like ShadowEKU and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Shadow_CVL
    yup and is incredibly easy to fix... push the Star (*) key till it says HD:Normal or HD:Stretch (depending on whether you are watching HD or SD repectively) alternatively you can use the page up botton to toggle these as well. If you are using a Rear Projection TV I suggest the stretch as it wears the phosphors evenly... same for plasma

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! ShadowEKU did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, ShadowEKU did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, ShadowEKU did! Be COOL like ShadowEKU and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Shadow_CVL
    Easy Fix... no problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEKU View Post
    yup and is incredibly easy to fix... push the Star (*) key till it says HD:Normal or HD:Stretch (depending on whether you are watching HD or SD repectively) alternatively you can use the page up botton to toggle these as well. If you are using a Rear Projection TV I suggest the stretch as it wears the phosphors evenly... same for plasma
    Great! I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why I couldn't read tickers and streaming texts at the bottom of my screen. Here's my question though, why after suffering for many games did this grey bar suddenly show up. You see, we think someone was entering our cabin while we were gone during the day and watching the DISH. Great advertisement for DISH, but very frightening for us. A related question, we noticed Olympic events that were recorded during the night or early morning were 100% Watched! Please refrain from making inane remarks about someone coming into our house. Seriously, if you know of a security program that will nanny watch my beautiful cabin via an open laptop, due tell. Anyway, its either big brother DISH messing with my Sling and TV or some meth head is coming in. PLEASE HELP!

TNGTony is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    How close is your cabin to a neighbor's house that might have Dish? It is possible that a nearby neighbor (within 1000 yards) could be on the same remote control code as you. Some of the button pushes he does for his unit may be received by your receiver causing some of these issues. It's easy to change remote control code (channels).
    THERE= a place. not here - THEIR= belongs to them - THEY'RE = short for "They Are". THEN = a point in time; not now. - THAN = used to compare things.
    -If you tried 4 times to move forward, it was the FOURTH time you went FORTH! ---Something AFFECTS you. You have an EFFECT on something
    Some one can win a MEDAL made of a METAL like gold for showing his METTLE (courage)
    If something is LOOSE you might LOSE it. Your=belongs to "you" You're short for "you are"
    You file a suit in court. You wear a suit in court. You stay in a suite at the hotel. You sweat it out. Victory is sweet!
    If two sets of twin brothers have a gunfight, you have a Dual Duel
    MUTE=Silent, unable to talk. MOOT= No longer relevant or important. "A mute points out a moot point."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast