Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

View Poll Results: Do you subscribe to an annual programming package?

You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Subscription to Packages

Post Thanks / Like

Annual Subscription to Packages

I'm curious to see how many of you here subscribe to one of the annual packages that Dish offers. At one point these were advertised on their website, but I don't believe that are anymore. Despite that, I have been able to continually renew mine. I think the annual subscription gets you something like a free month which seems pretty worth it to me.

So, how many of you have an annual package and those of you who don't, why not?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! bobvick did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, bobvick did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, bobvick did! Be COOL like bobvick and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to subscribe to Dish annually, but I don't really want to have to shell out $1320 at one whack. I pay them $120 per month so if you get a month free, that is what my annual subscription would be.
    I can remember in 1995, when I had C-Band, I got all of the basic channels, the superstations, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Encore and Starz! for $550 for a year. That is hard to believe now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I pay day by day, and I like it that way. Probably not going to last forever though.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mike123abc did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mike123abc did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mike123abc did! Be COOL like mike123abc and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have subscribed in the past, but now just do AEP, a few years ago there were somethings in AEP that you could not annually sub to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThcShepdog420
    annual payment used tobe great, they use to charge for 11 months giving 12th month free but no longer do the this.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Claude Greiner did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Claude Greiner did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Claude Greiner did! Be COOL like Claude Greiner and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to pay annually all the time and loved it! The 1 month Free discount on the package made it well worth it to pay in advance.

The problem is when they started selling the Evething pack, and the DVR advantage plans there is no longer an incentive for paying for an entire year. When you ask any of the CSR's when you got the everything package for example if there is a discount for paying annually, their typical responce is that your already getting a discounted price because of the package.

So then the other way around it would be to just figure in what 12 months of programming costs and pay the entire year.... Then when you try to do it, the CSR then fights you on that saying your price is no longer locked in anymore, and its suject to change, Yadda Yadda Yadda...

Its at the point at my house I just go on credit card auto-pay with "PAPER" billing. I wanted to do the Cinemax for a penny offer also, but was told that would not qualify aas it would mess up the discount I get from getting the everything pack.

So pretty much Dish screwed these discounts up so bad its not worth paying for a year anymore, I signed up for credit card autopay and put it on paper billing so they can cut down a few trees to make the paper to print my bill and send it to me.

I'll be glad to go to paperless billing, just split the costs of me of thr stamp, the envelope and the cost to pay the little girl working in the sweatshop somewere in he Phillipines to stuff the envelope with all those crappy promotional offeres..

I look at my bill online every month, but for no incentive they can keep mailing me the hard copies!
    Last edited by Iceberg; 08-06-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: language

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast