Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocked up on Green Chiles Today

dfergie is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it was a bushel and they were already roasted, I thought about a roadside guy that had a horse trailer setup full of chiles,(got some from him in the past) but had good luck last year with the ones I got at La Tienda a local grocery so went that route again... I might check & make sure I don't have some Ice ratholed in the bottom of the freezer that I can do without. (different compartment from where I usually keep the chiles)

SatelliteGuys working for you at CES 2014
    dfergie@SatelliteGuys.US For Breaking Satellite Industry News, Please Click Here

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! StevenD did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, StevenD did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, StevenD did! Be COOL like StevenD and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Central Market (a grocery store here in Texas) has their "Hatch Chile Festival" every year at the end of August. They setup a couple of roasters at each store and they sell tens of thousands of pounds. Unfortunately, they have only sold the green ones the last couple of years. I'm partial to the red hatch chiles.

I think they even have a contest (with themselves) to see if they can make more ridiculous items with the chiles than they did the year before. Of course, you can get burritos, tamales, queso and sausage...but they also make crazy stuff like Hatch Chile Sourdough, scones and mozzarella.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yaz96 View Post
    The big question, are they roasting them for you???
    No way, but fresh Hatch chilies in California are a rarity. I usually get 'em canned from Trader Joe's.
    Bobby

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worried... I diced one up and scrambled with 3 eggs for breakfast, no heat... will have to make some tacos this evening with some to further investigate. (they were marked medium hot)
    dfergie@SatelliteGuys.US For Breaking Satellite Industry News, Please Click Here

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Bobby did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Bobby did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Bobby did! Be COOL like Bobby and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh!
    Bobby

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Capital Ruh Roh...

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast