Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Satellite connection

Post Thanks / Like

Multiple Satellite connection

Currently I have 2 lines coming in the house from a stationary dish. There is a 4x1 disec switch attached to both (so 4 Dual LNB's). I would like to add a motorized dish and leave the existing LNB's where they are (for other TV's in the house).

So hopefully, one TV with a Viewsat will be able to get fed from both dishes, and leave the others.

How do I feed the new motorized dish into my existing full 4x1 switch?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    It has always been strongly recomended that the coax run to the motor first then out of the motor to the diseqc switch. However I discovered that the Sg2100 and the DG280 motors can be feed straight from the diseqc switch and works for me.

However, I found that if you try to run two seperate motors from the diseqc or an SW21 switch and you have an SG2100 motor that it will slave regardless witch switch port is selected. The DG280 and similiar motors do not exhibit this problem. So if you decide to purchase a motorized dish I recomend the DG280 or similiar, that way you can add a second motorized dish to your diseqc if desired.

I have my receiver set up this way:
    From my Coolsat to a 4x1 diseqc, port 1 goes to my C-band mini dish and a DG280 motor, port 2 to my 76cm KU dish with DG280 motor (on the KU dish from the motor I have an SW21 that selects either the linear or circular port of an Invacom QPH-031 lnb). Port three of the diseqc goes to a single point fixed dish that I have to get the only in the clear channel from circular BEV at 91W, and port 4 of the diseqc to a dish 500 for 110/119 for Pax TV and Nasa. This setup works great for me, do not see why this can not work with a Vioewsat or similiar FTA receiver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, did not realize you had a full 4x1 already, just add an SW21 switch ahead of your 4X1, then run one port to the 4x1 and the other port of the SW21 to the motor. And again the experts say this is not recomended. But I have tested this configurtion and it works. Others have tried this as well with no problems.

My only recomendation is to purchase a quality Dish Network SW21 switch, the cheap replacements do not work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the SW21 switch compatible with FTA receivers? All my receivers are FTA.
    I have always thought that those switches were for bell/dishnet usage. I thought that the 22KHZ switch were the ones to use for FTA.

If I can use the SW21 switch, how is it set up in my receivers menu for it to decide wich path to take when switching sats on the viewsat?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Babadem did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Babadem did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Babadem did! Be COOL like Babadem and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by giovanni1 View Post
    Is the SW21 switch compatible with FTA receivers? All my receivers are FTA.
    I have always thought that those switches were for bell/dishnet usage. I thought that the 22KHZ switch were the ones to use for FTA.

If I can use the SW21 switch, how is it set up in my receivers menu for it to decide wich path to take when switching sats on the viewsat?
    Unless your receiver has Option for "Legacy SW21", it may not work properly.
    AZBox Me, MicroHD, and OpenBox S10 HD PVR Receiver. DG-380 Motor (37.6W to 125.0W), on 1.2M Geosat Pro. 3ABN Dish @30.0W. 2nd 1.2M looking @103.0W. 12FT Paraclipse Dish looking from 43.1W to 107.3W.

DishPointer

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/index.php

Magnetic Declination Calculator

SatStar_Old Lyngsat Maps

VLC Player Tutorial

Post Thanks / Like

alternative (Ecoda 22khz):

Most receivers do not support SW21 switches, in factory firmware.
    If you replace a receiver in the future, there is little likelihood that it'll operate in your switch matrix.

Here is an alternative suggested in another thread, which may be of help.
    You can start reading at my post, then continue in the thread from there.
    Took a while to remember this trick - and it's up to you, if you think appropriate. -
    Straight Talk on AT&T iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, BB 3.10.01.
    restoring broken iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, BB 3.4.03.

: BirdView 8' solid & GBox V3000.
    :
    AMCI 8' perf (maybe a DH?) & AJAK-180.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast