Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

View Poll Results: Who's side are you on in the DirecTV / Versus dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DirecTV / Versus dispute: Who's side are you on?

Post Thanks / Like

DirecTV / Versus dispute: Who's side are you on?

Another poll, maybe this will help them reach an agreement.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to know which side to take in this when the details are practically non-existent. How much more is Verus asking for, is Directv paying more than Dish, is this just a way for Comcast to stick a thumb in Directv's eye?
    All I know is that Versus is a channel that I watch regularly and if it hasn't been restored by the end of October, when my contract is up I'll be moving to Dish

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If D* cannot come to an agreement with VS due to being charged more than the rest of the providers, I say SORRY VS but your GREED from your owner has done you in and you have lost a large portion of your viewership.

I am on D* side of this.
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marsworth75 View Post
    It's hard to know which side to take in this when the details are practically non-existent. How much more is Verus asking for, is Directv paying more than Dish, is this just a way for Comcast to stick a thumb in Directv's eye?
    All I know is that Versus is a channel that I watch regularly and if it hasn't been restored by the end of October, when my contract is up I'll be moving to Dish
    IF the rumors are true and Comcast is trying to get more money from D*, because they are D* then thats NOT fair bargaining and I'm all for D* holding out on it, hopefully they will come to a compromise sometime soon.

IF D* pays the extra then Comcast can say to other providers that "Well if D* paid it, you can too."
    Then they will be having larger issues with the other provider's in the future.

VS is a very minor channel in the overall picture of the D* programming package.
    Yes, we would like it, but not at the expense of making my bill MORE just for it.
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Post Thanks / Like
    DTV's side but that's due to Comcast's history with similar issues...no Philly feeds, CSN Northwest. To me, that's a trend that shows their policy.
    Prog Svc: DTV Premier Pkg, NFL ST, MLB EI, CI
    Dish: Slimline 5LNB
    Receivers: HD-DVR HR22-100, HD H23-600
    Display: PANNY Plasma TH50PZ85U
    DVD Player: Std Upconvert Region-Free Pioneer DV-400V

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    IF the rumors are true and Comcast is trying to get more money from D*, because they are D* then thats NOT fair bargaining and I'm all for D* holding out on it, hopefully they will come to a compromise sometime soon.

IF D* pays the extra then Comcast can say to other providers that "Well if D* paid it, you can too."
    Then they will be having larger issues with the other provider's in the future.

VS is a very minor channel in the overall picture of the D* programming package.
    Yes, we would like it, but not at the expense of making my bill MORE just for it.
    That's the same thing that happened with the Big Ten Network disputes last year. Comcast finally gave in to BTN then BTN told all of the other major cable companies "Comcast agreed to the fees, you can too." and they all eventually did.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast