Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to run long distance HD cables from receiver to TV?

Post Thanks / Like

How to run long distance HD cables from receiver to TV?

Iím building a house and want to put my HD receivers in my basement mechanical room. Whatís the most economical way to get a HD connection to my TV upstairs? My brother says to run 4 coaxial cables (3 for component video and 1 for digital audio). That seams like a lot of cables. I also donít want to sacrifice quality.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Component quality would be fine, but why not just run 1 HDMI cable. Check monoprice for good prices.

Post Thanks / Like

HDMI

It would be too pricey to run a 50 foot HDMI through the studs and then try to find a wall plate for it. right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brequi View Post
    Iím building a house and want to put my HD receivers in my basement mechanical room. Whatís the most economical way to get a HD connection to my TV upstairs? My brother says to run 4 coaxial cables (3 for component video and 1 for digital audio). That seams like a lot of cables. I also donít want to sacrifice quality.
    Thanks
    Take your brothers advice!!! anytime you get into long HDMI runs you run into db loss and other loss(picture quality). actually directv dosent recomend using an HDMI connection

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rad did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rad did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rad did! Be COOL like rad and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thetech2009 View Post
    actually directv dosent recomend using an HDMI connection
    Come again, since when? Everything I've seen, even the ch 114 info says to use HDMI, you need HDMI if you want to use 1080p on PPV's.

Dish - Slimline 5LNB
    Switches - SWiM16
    Receivers - HR34-700, HR44-700, C31-700, C41-100, C41-700, WVB, C41W-100, Samsung RVU client
    GenieGo + 1TB USB drive
    Networking - 100/1000Mbps switched ethernet and DECA for DirecTV network
    TimeWarner RoadRunner internet service

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thetech2009 View Post
    Take your brothers advice!!! anytime you get into long HDMI runs you run into db loss and other loss(picture quality). actually directv dosent recomend using an HDMI connection
    Your not going to lose any type of picture quality through HDMI, if its there its going to be the same on a 100' run as it is a 3' run. Its almost like running cables from a satellite to a receiver, if you have a 25' cable run from dish to receiver your not going to see a difference in the quality of the picture than you are if you run a 150' cable, yes their will be some signal loss but the picture and the sound quality on the tv's will be the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast