Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: directv prepaid

Post Thanks / Like

Question directv prepaid

Does directv have a prepaid service where you buy your own receiver from best buy, amazon,etc then call directv and have prepaid service activated?

"Let's go Mountaineers!!"

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jimbo did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jimbo did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jimbo did! Be COOL like Jimbo and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedz4 View Post
    Does directv have a prepaid service where you buy your own receiver from best buy, amazon,etc then call directv and have prepaid service activated?
    Prepaid ?

Do you have service with D* already and adding on, or just setting it up for the first time ?
    Reason I'm asking is, IF your already a D* sub , you can buy from BB and set it up, check for a good signal and call in and they will activate it.

I do not know for sure if they allow you to buy from BB and set the stuff up and call in for the original install or not anymore.

They use to, because I did that, but it was many years ago.

They pretty much like to have thier dept. do the initial installs so they don't have pointing issues later.
    Play Ball !!!

2 HR24-500's, 2 HR24-100's, SL3 Dish, SWM Dish, AM21, 60" Pioneer Elite, 2 - 42" Pioneer Elite's, Sony BDP-S790, Seagate 1.5 TB EHD

Thinking of signing up for DIRECTV? Please PM me for my DIRECTV account number and we can both save $100 on our DIRECTV bill!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! boba did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, boba did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, boba did! Be COOL like boba and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    No they don't. Retail sales are actually lease upgrades.

Post Thanks / Like
    so if my credit is bad and i have a past due account there isnt a way to get directv?
    "Let's go Mountaineers!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think so, but Dish Network has prepay (or they did recently.)

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing to do is pay off that past due DirecTV account. They won't even consider doing anything if you still owe them money.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast