Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMC9 Signal

Post Thanks / Like

Question AMC9 Signal

I am using a conaxsat nano box wih a 36inch , Ku LNBF. I have 170 feet of rg6 running back to the house. I have a S80-85/ Q35-40. Not good enough to watch RTN Network. Need some ideas. I can take the small tv out to the dish and have the same S/Q as in the house!

Should I upgrade the dish to a 1.2?
    Should I buy a better Ku LNBF?
    If I go to a 1.2 dish, then I could go to C-Band and Ku-Band?
    Maybe use a inline cable amp?
    I if you have not much money to spend, I start with cheaper items first!
    Is there other RTN prgraming on C-Band?

Or just sit and wait an see.

Ku-Band, MicroHD, Dish: Ws-9036 90cm (36inch), H-H Motor: SG-9120, GEOSATpro SL1 PLL Standard Ku
    Ku-Band, Amiko Nano HD, Dish: Ws-9036 90cm (36inch), Stationary (125W), GEOSATpro SL1 PLL Standard Ku

C-Band
    , Amiko Nano HD, 7.5 ft. UniMesh Dish, VonWeise Actuator V76-5, Gbox V3000, GEOSATpro C2 Dual LNB

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly try and tweak the signal. But to answer the other options

1. if you want. But shipping is a bugger
    2. what do you have right now for one?
    3. you could but KU will suck if you use a C/KU LNB
    4. no. The fact you get the same signal at 170 feet and 10 feet proves an amp is not needed

There are some RTV feeds on C-Band yes. Couple on G17 (91W)
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    Honestly try and tweak the signal. But to answer the other options

1. if you want. But shipping is a bugger
    2. what do you have right now for one?
    3. you could but KU will suck if you use a C/KU LNB
    4. no. The fact you get the same signal at 170 feet and 10 feet proves an amp is not needed

There are some RTV feeds on C-Band yes. Couple on G17 (91W)
    Thanks, When weather gets better, I will take the small tv again and give it my best shot! I am using a 36in (90cm). Thanks again!
    Ku-Band, MicroHD, Dish: Ws-9036 90cm (36inch), H-H Motor: SG-9120, GEOSATpro SL1 PLL Standard Ku
    Ku-Band, Amiko Nano HD, Dish: Ws-9036 90cm (36inch), Stationary (125W), GEOSATpro SL1 PLL Standard Ku

C-Band
    , Amiko Nano HD, 7.5 ft. UniMesh Dish, VonWeise Actuator V76-5, Gbox V3000, GEOSATpro C2 Dual LNB

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a 30" in Minnesota and have decent numbers....not stellar but stable numbers
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    keystone what are you getting on the other tps on that satellite? There's some color bars that should just about max out your receiver, what kind of signal/quality do you get there? 11775Horizontal 4232 bars, scans in as AMC9/3F...
    Curious that you get exactly the same signal # at the dish and after 170' of cable.
    X2 Premium HD, 1m primestar DG380 motor.10'Sami+GI650 for c-band.
    Backup ku system currently being updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone7 View Post
    I am using a conaxsat nano box wih a 36inch , Ku LNBF. I have 170 feet of rg6 running back to the house. I have a S80-85/ Q35-40. Not good enough to watch RTN Network. Need some ideas. I can take the small tv out to the dish and have the same S/Q as in the house!

Should I upgrade the dish to a 1.2?
    Should I buy a better Ku LNBF?
    If I go to a 1.2 dish, then I could go to C-Band and Ku-Band?
    Maybe use a inline cable amp?
    I if you have not much money to spend, I start with cheaper items first!
    Is there other RTN prgraming on C-Band?

Or just sit and wait an see.
    Keystone

Where in Northern Indiana are you? It might be less expensive to take a couple of hours drive to Columbus Ohio to pick up a 120 cm dish at Sadoun than to have them deliver it to you. They also have 30" dishes for $35 a piece.

Gray FC120CM 120CM Satellite Offset Dish antenna FORTEC STAR DVB FTA MPEG2 Free-To-Air Receivers and equipment

I might take a ride to Columbus one of these days, from here it is a bit over 2 hours one way. $35 dishes are a good deal. RTN is on my local LPTV station in Cincinnati. I have to get a separate UHF antenna to aim at it, my main UHF antenna is aimed toward Dayton so I can get both Cincinnati and Dayton locals...unfortunately "WKRP" a/k/a WOTH is just too weak to pick it up here normally.

http://www.wkrp.tv/25-3%20RTV.htm

http://www.myretrotv.com/affiliates.html

Last edited by Bill_KY; 11-04-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast